Air Berlin and now Germania and now WOW

69 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2019, 3:41:15, SpiderPig said:

I must say, I prefer to pay a few extra euro and know that there is less chance of getting Stranded somewhere.. more chance of arriving when and where you are supposed to and a coffee, Beer, G+T and a snack will be provided..

To me its like the choice between an "Arc Burger" or a McDs Burger! ( Munichs Old TTers will know what I mean!)

As a regular TT'er we really value your comments and input especially in this thread with your knowledge as a frequent flier.

36 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Only flown once in the past 15 yrs.. 

There's a name for people like you, I just can't think of it right now. :ph34r::ph34r:

24 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Wanker? :lol:

Back in 2016 I designed you this T-Shirt

5c5c69d76e669_OinkOn.jpg.e146e07281ac3ce

Here's a hat to go with it

5c5c6a023e7eb_Selfconfessedwanker.jpg.7e

22 hours ago, Acton said:

I don't mean troublemakers John, Because airfares are ridiculously low, it's much cheaper to fly all round the world these days for everybody. This isn't good for the environment and everywhere you go is crawling with tourists. People fly from Berlin to Seville for a long weekend without even blinking, because it's so cheap on these discount airlines. All airports are clogged up and it takes forever to get through security etc. In my humble opinion, this is unhealthy and has to change.

If a few more of these cheap airlines went out of business, it might be a good thing.

Poor people are such a damned nuisance, they want to fly, they want to drive through towns and cities, they get on public transport and even sit on the seats.  I've even seen some shopping in my bio supermarket.

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

It seems to be the same in every business. The big ones keep gobbling up the smaller ones.

Do you mean Ivanka and Donald?

On 06/02/2019, 16:41:15, SpiderPig said:

I must say, I prefer to pay a few extra euro and know that there is less chance of getting Stranded somewhere.. more chance of arriving when and where you are supposed to and a coffee, Beer, G+T and a snack will be provided..

That's getting increasingly rarer with more and more scheduled airlines introducing "Buy on board".

Still, at least with BA "Buy on board" means a branch of "M&S Simply food" in the sky :P

not always the airlines, but the result is the same..

Berlin's Tegel airport tells passengers to walk amid strike

On 2/8/2019, 2:56:20, Mackle said:

That's getting increasingly rarer with more and more scheduled airlines introducing "Buy on board".

Still, at least with BA "Buy on board" means a branch of "M&S Simply food" in the sky :P

Yes but it is a shame they don't offer a reasonable means of paying for it, like cash or EC card.:angry:

For a thread that started a month ago, flying in the EU is a risky business....without boeing.

48 flights cancelled as Hamburg Airport employees strike

On 8.2.2019, 02:56:20, Mackle said:

Last week I flew with Turkish Airlines HAM => IST => HAM and the food served in economy class was (a) warm & (b) certainly edible - in fact it was reasonably good.  Although I drank a coke to stay awake I think they served wine without charge.  The flights in both directions arrived on time (A321 aircraft).  IST airport was chaotic.

On 2/6/2019, 9:10:48, generalmartok said:

That name would be hilarious in India

and Pakistan, I actually took pictures of the plane when I saw it for the first time at Tegel.

On 14/03/2019, 18:19:06, HEM said:

Last week I flew with Turkish Airlines HAM => IST => HAM and the food served in economy class was (a) warm & (b) certainly edible - in fact it was reasonably good.  Although I drank a coke to stay awake I think they served wine without charge.  The flights in both directions arrived on time (A321 aircraft).  IST airport was chaotic.

This is actually one of the ways that Turkish distinguish themselves, and they are well known for good food in all classes.

Istanbul airport is always like that.  Of course the new airport should have fully opened by now, but it will still take some time but should probably be open this year (well before Berlin!)

18 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

This is actually one of the ways that Turkish distinguish themselves, and they are well known for good food in all classes.

Yes. 

Airlines I think offer good food and good services in general:  Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airlines and Turkish Airlines.

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

Yes. 

Airlines I think offer good food and good services in general:  Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airlines and Turkish Airlines.

+1

On 06/02/2019, 07:48:48, dj_jay_smith said:

Not German, but there are also rumours that both Norwegian and Wow Air are also in financial trouble and need cash. ...

As stated by me :) Wowair (Iceland) have now gone bankrupt.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47731043

Iceland's Wow Air has stopped flights, stranding thousands of passengers.

Its website says Wow Air has ceased operations and cancelled all flights. Wow says passengers needing to travel should book with other airlines.