Air Berlin and now Germania

59 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Acton said:

I don't mean troublemakers John, Because airfares are ridiculously low, it's much cheaper to fly all round the world these days for everybody. This isn't good for the environment and everywhere you go is crawling with tourists. People fly from Berlin to Seville for a long weekend without even blinking, because it's so cheap on these discount airlines. All airports are clogged up and it takes forever to get through security etc. In my humble opinion, this is unhealthy and has to change.

If a few more of these cheap airlines went out of business, it might be a good thing.

I disagree. I like being able to see family without having to ask my bank first.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jeba said:

I disagree. I like being able to see family without having to ask my bank first.

 

Are you really that poor that you cant afford a 200€ flight without asking your bank?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

 

Are you really that poor that you cant afford a 200€ flight without asking your bank?

I´d like to return as well - which would take it to € 400.- . Plus I might want to visit several times a year. And yes, for me it would become a problem. Widower´s pensions aren´t exactly generous, you know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wouldn´t make much sense as salaries in Cyprus are very low and my salary would be offset against my pension anyway. Any more clever and helpful advice?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You are sounding a bit like J²...

 

How about getting them to come to you?  

Would it be cheaper for 8 - 10 people fly to Cyprus, pay for hotels etc. (as I don´t have enough space) etc. than for me to fly over and stay in their guestrooms? What or who is J2?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Acton said:

All airports are clogged up and it takes forever to get through security etc. In my humble opinion, this is unhealthy and has to change.

If a few more of these cheap airlines went out of business, it might be a good thing.

 

Nah. The other airlines would just arrange more flights to serve the minions. You can't keep people from seeing family, taking business trips or going on vacay.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Ok.. You just deleted your "Uber" app... Has MVV put on more busses for you?

 

No need. Most are driving around half empty. I don't do rush hour.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Nah. The other airlines would just arrange more flights to serve the minions. You can't keep people from seeing family, taking business trips or going on vacay.

 

Exactly, just like Lufthansa did after the collapse of Airberlin.

 

On 2/5/2019, 5:43:03, catjones said:

When AB fucked me like this I was lucky to have charged my AMEX for the flight.  AB refused a refund, but AMEX got it for me.

 

Airberlin didn't fuck you, the German government did by pumping a further 150 millions euros into the Airline so it could continue to fly at the customers expense.

Thanks to the governments bridging loan, this gave Germany's flagship carrier Lufthansa enough time to negotiate its market share and increase it from 68% to 95% and take over a debt free Airberlin.

 

I doubt we will see any such governement interference with Germania as it's just not big enough with 37 aircraft compared to Airberlins' 144.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jeba said:

Would it be cheaper for 8 - 10 people fly to Cyprus, pay for hotels etc. (as I don´t have enough space) etc. than for me to fly over and stay in their guestrooms? What or who is J2?

C'est Jeremy  the second!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019, 8:41:15, SpiderPig said:

I prefer to pay a few extra euro and know that there is less chance of getting Stranded somewhere.

today's news:

Düsseldorf airport staff strikes Thursday, causing 56 cancelled flights

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

Airberlin didn't fuck you, the German government did

 

My ticket was with AB...where they get their funding is irrelevant.  AB's creditors will go after AB, not "the german govenment".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, catjones said:

 

My ticket was with AB...where they get their funding is irrelevant.  AB's creditors will go after AB, not "the german govenment".


You miss the point so best move on.:wacko:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Ifyou actually read the report, it was Budget airlines that were /Are affected... 

 

Lufthansa Cancels Over 400 Flights on Airport-Security Strike

January 14, 2019,

 

Lufthansa cancels 800 flights amid strike action

     9 April 2018

 

Lufthansa canceled 18,000 flights up to August this year (2018)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Condor is up for sale...

Sometimes parts of Condor are sort of Lufthansa (like they exchange cockpit crews) & at other times not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now