What should we say if the reason of work contract terminations is to get fired by Company

12 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I would like to get some good advices for the point of termination. In an unlimited work contract when we are fired iafter 6 -7 Months, sometimes people in the next interviews ask directly which side terminated the contract. Against this question what should be told? In any case should we tell the truth?  

Thanks

case for Germany

Depends why you were fired. What's the story? Can you positivise it any way without lying? Were you a 100% victim? I think interviewers have a nose for people who are lying but you can also be too honest.

4 hours ago, optimista said:

Can you positivise it any way without lying?

We couldn't find a direct definition for the term positivise.

Maybe you were looking for one of these terms?

pass the buck, peace advocacy, pisces the fishes, pocket bike, pocket book, pocket-book, pocketbook, pocketbooks, post box, post office, postback, postbag, postbase, postbox, postboxes, postbus, postface, postfix, postfixes, postfuck, postobese, postpose, postpubis, pouch tobacco, pouchet box

5 hours ago, optimista said:

Depends why you were fired. What's the story? Can you positivise it any way without lying? Were you a 100% victim? I think interviewers have a nose for people who are lying but you can also be too honest.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes absolutely I can positivise. Truth is just I insisted on my right for one thing. And they did not want to deal with that. They did not obey to the contract and simply fired me. But in any case they fired, I did not leave with my own decision. So maybe I can formulate my question again like that.

I have two option one is to say the truth but that can be understood also that I am complaining about and blaming my previous employer

second option is to lye and say I quit.  What is the  possibility that people will call my previous employer and ask for confirmation in Germany?

There is an unspoken convention in many Western countries that you do not bad mouth your previous employer, even if things went badly.

Instead, show a professional demeanor, and give a calm  version of the truth. Immediately talk about the future in  a positive way:

"My company ended my contract early. I was sad to leave. In my next job, I would like to / believe I can offer etc.""

"My company and I did not agree on a certain procedure, so we parted ways.  I am a team player, and really want to show what I can do for you."

1 hour ago, Doruis said:

Thanks for your comment.

Yes absolutely I can positivise. Truth is just I insisted on my right for one thing. And they did not want to deal with that. They did not obey to the contract and simply fired me. But in any case they fired, I did not leave with my own decision. So maybe I can formulate my question again like that.

I have two option one is to say the truth but that can be understood also that I am complaining about and blaming my previous employer

second option is to lye and say I quit.  What is the  possibility that people will call my previous employer and ask for confirmation in Germany?

What does your arbeitzeugnis say?

57 minutes ago, Metall said:

There is an unspoken convention in many Western countries that you do not bad mouth your previous employer, even if things went badly.

Instead, show a professional demeanor, and give a calm  version of the truth. Immediately talk about the future in  a positive way:

Funny, but I hear candidates bad mouthing the previous company all the time. I prefer it like that, to understand the reason why they left.

7 hours ago, optimista said:

I think interviewers have a nose for people who are lying but you can also be too honest.

Half of the time of an interview is to find out if a guy is lying about something. When they do, we interrupt the interview and it's over.

BE HONEST!

1 hour ago, Doruis said:

Truth is just I insisted on my right for one thing.

Or what you thought was your right …

And they did not want to deal with that. They did not obey to the contract and simply fired me.

This is a serious accusation - the usual way would be to sue against the unjustified dismissal and the alleged breach of contract. If you have accepted the termination, there is only your accusation left. And any potential new employer will wonder if you will also make negative statements about them in the future which you cannot prove ... Nobody likes to hire trouble makers.

Be honest without making claims you can't prove. 

What is the  possibility that people will call my previous employer and ask for confirmation in Germany?

With a few exceptions, such calls are not permitted for a few reasons, but people in the same industry know each other, perhaps the two HR managers meet on the golf course or at the Rotary Club ...

3 hours ago, catjones said:

We couldn't find a direct definition for the term positivise.

Maybe you were looking for one of these terms?

pass the buck, peace advocacy, pisces the fishes, pocket bike, pocket book, pocket-book, pocketbook, pocketbooks, post box, post office, postback, postbag, postbase, postbox, postboxes, postbus, postface, postfix, postfixes, postfuck, postobese, postpose, postpubis, pouch tobacco, pouchet box

My new favourite word! :lol:  Prefuck is so passe'

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

Or what you thought was your right …

This is a serious accusation - the usual way would be to sue against the unjustified dismissal and the alleged breach of contract. If you have accepted the termination, there is only your accusation left. And any potential new employer will wonder if you will also make negative statements about them in the future which you cannot prove ... Nobody likes to hire trouble makers.

With a few exceptions, such calls are not permitted for a few reasons, but people in the same industry know each other, perhaps the two HR managers meet on the golf course or at the Rotary Club ...

Thanks for comments. I can explain it very implicitly. It was about some payments. And even though they never agreed on me while I was working with them, They paid all these things after they fire me (during prope).  So it is the biggest proof that I was right at that point.  But at the end I am the side which was fired and still not sure how to answer this question.

That is very confused English. Say less not more.

Stay vague and say something like you could not agree about what the employer should or should not pay, you were not in a position to negotiate, they were the stronger party, fired you, and you thought it best to cut your losses and move on with your life.

16 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

Yes, it is inofficially done in Germany, even if employers will not admit it.

I've been called with questions about character and integrity of former colleagues.

That is why you must be honest in the interview, but not badmouth - it will reflect badly on you and trigger these calls!