Registration & healthcare HELP!

96 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

You were lucky but please do not distract from the real issue: it is in 99 per cent of cases not how it worked for you..

I understand from your adverts you are well respected here so I will say no more I was just lucky.

My apologizes if I pissed anyone off 

20 minutes ago, john g. said:

You just got lucky with that

And - more importantly - it is ancient history.   Things are going to change on 29 March.    Few are going to have time to adopt a desperate life-changing measure like marriage (:wub:) to make one`s life regular in the next 52 days, even if they wanted to.    It would also not be a surprise if the institutions like health insurers are taking a keener than usual interest in the affairs of newly registered Britons over that period.

So tell me mum, why did you marry dad?   Well, son, there was this thing called Brexit and as I`d not bothered with proper local insurance....

Who said romance was dead?

14 minutes ago, swimmer said:

And - more importantly - it is ancient history.   Things are going to change on 29 March.   Nobody is going to have time to adopt a desperate life measure like marriage (:wub:) to make one`s life regular in the next 52 days, even if they wanted to.    It would also not be  a surprise if those institutions are taking a keener than usual interest in the affairs of newly registered Britons over that period.

Good point, swimmer!  But none of us is any wiser on this day, 5th February 2019. I bet 99 per cent of the employees at public and  private health insurers don´t know how to react if you asked them that!

I wrote to a private insurer the other day.. " what about Brexit for Brits in Germany? ".

Immediate response: " kein  Problem "..but then got another email an hour later... " da muss ich mal fragen." NO answer yet! And a public insurer employee from TK told me on the phone the other week : "  if there´s NO DEAL, we will stop applications.." (or so she reckoned.)

What a nightmare...

Who knows?

It reminds me ( a bit ) of..when unisex health insurance rules came in a few years ago on 1st January...just before Xmas, NO insurance company had the software ready to enable brokers to quote!!! Honestly!

24 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

I understand from your adverts you are well respected here so I will say no more I was just lucky.

My apologizes if I pissed anyone off 

I really do not care if you are offended. 

You do not seem to understand the concept of residence and your obligations.

9 hours ago, RedMidge said:

I really do not care if you are offended. 

You do not seem to understand the concept of residence and your obligations.

Your either a woman or a narcissist!

Im first thinking woman cause I got your point when you first piped up and now you have to repeat yourself which is unfortunately is a major design flaw in some women

Or a narcissist because arguing with a narcissist is like being arrested everything I say can and will be used against me

1 hour ago, Under the Radar said:

Im first thinking woman cause I got your point when you first piped up and now you have to repeat yourself which is unfortunately is a major design flaw in some women

Or a narcissist because arguing with a narcissist is like being arrested everything I say can and will be used against me

Have you ever considered changing your user name?

I would suggest "Head Above the Parapet" may be more appropriate...

Ok so this morning I've been and Anmeldung  and all so far is fine. I was already in the system as a house owner from 4 years ago. I explained I have been traveling back and fore whilst renovating the house. I was put down as the reason for being in Germany to join my partner and also with the possibility to look for work.

Not sure what the next step will be towards applying for German health insurance, I think they will contact me next reference sorting out a tax number.

Any ideas?

On 2/7/2019, 7:29:34, Daisick said:

Ok so this morning I've been and Anmeldung  and all so far is fine. I was already in the system as a house owner from 4 years ago. I explained I have been traveling back and fore whilst renovating the house. I was put down as the reason for being in Germany to join my partner and also with the possibility to look for work.

Not sure what the next step will be towards applying for German health insurance, I think they will contact me next reference sorting out a tax number.

Any ideas?

No, you have to find health insurance yourself. You can research and compare for yourself the major public companies, but there isn't a huge difference. AOK, TK, Barmer, DAK and a bunch more. Some offer this minor perk, while another offers that minor perk. Some cover flu shots, some don't. Some cover slightly more dental, some less. Check for what might be important to you.

If only there were someone on this board specialized and experienced in giving advice about insurance!

On 1/31/2019, 7:27:48, swimmer said:

Germany requires residents to report their affairs for taxation.     How much tax we might have to pay (or not) does not matter.

That´s not true. If you don´t have taxable income you don´t have to file.

On 1/31/2019, 8:40:00, swimmer said:

but our obligation to report is still there.  

No. Only if your income is above threshold (about € 8500.-, not sure about how much currently)

On another note: how would he be allowed to register even as an EU citizen if he cannot prove that he can support himself? Freedom of movement doesn´t mean freedom to join another country´s welfare system. So getting emploed by his girlfriend might be a good idea, but a € 500/month contract might not be good enough.

On 1/31/2019, 8:47:18, Daisick said:

? I also have a German bank account but they take 3 or 5 euros off me per month just for the pleasure, and I only ever put in money never take any out!!

There are many banks offering free bank accounts. E.g. DKB comes to mind.

On 2/7/2019, 8:29:34, Daisick said:

Ok so this morning I've been and Anmeldung  and all so far is fine

How did you manage to get registered without having an income? After all, freedom of movement doesn´t mean freedom to join another country´s tax-funded social network. You´re supposed to be able to sustain yourself without falling back on the state. Didn´t they ask for any proof of income or assets at least? Or was your share of the house enough? Or will you have to provide proof of income/assets later down the line?

2 hours ago, jeba said:

On another note: how would he be allowed to register even as an EU citizen if he cannot prove that he can support himself? 

How did you manage to get registered without having an income?

Didn´t they ask for any proof of income or assets at least?

Or was your share of the house enough?

Or will you have to provide proof of income/assets later down the line?

It's very obvious to most of us in spite of your recent assertions that you a(n active?) voter in German elections that, in several areas of modern German legislation, you have become (or perhaps always were) abysmally uninformed.

FYI: NONE of the questions you posted above appear on, or have any relativity to, the current nationwide BMG Anmeldungformular, nor IME did they since at least 1984 under the former Hessen, Baden-Wurttemberg or Rheinland-Pfalz Landesmeldungs Gesetze Anmeldungsformular.

Even though it may disappoint you to know that the very idea of including such intrusive questions in the registration requirements was strongly objected to by the party you vote for, there's not much room here for you to use the OP's situation to try and find ammo for your case for the unconstitutional treatment of foreign migrants to Germany.

ETA

Pro tip: wait until after the 1st of April then you'll have your chance to gloat over the OP's misfortune when their local ABH may indeed begin to take an interest in those areas of his life.

It's never been the duty of a registration authority to establish which EU citizens are in compliance with the FreizugigkeitsG(EG). EU citizens who are not in compliance seem to come to the attention of the authorities either by attempting to claim unentitled benefits or getting caught working on the black economy.

2B

1 hour ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

It's very obvious to most of us in spite of your recent assertions that you a(n active?) voter in German elections that, in several areas of modern German legislation, you have become (or perhaps always were) abysmally uninformed.

FYI: NONE of the questions you posted above appear on, or have any relativity to, the current nationwide BMG Anmeldungformular, nor IME did they since at least 1984 under the former Hessen, Baden-Wurttemberg or Rheinland-Pfalz Landesmeldungs Gesetze Anmeldungsformular.

Even though it may disappoint you to know that the very idea of including such intrusive questions in the registration requirements was strongly objected to by the party you vote for, there's not much room here for you to use the OP's situation to try and find ammo for your case for the unconstitutional treatment of foreign migrants to Germany.

ETA

Pro tip: wait until after the 1st of April then you'll have your chance to gloat over the OP's misfortune when their local ABH may indeed begin to take an interest in those areas of his life.

It's never been the duty of a registration authority to establish which EU citizens are in compliance with the FreizugigkeitsG(EG). EU citizens who are not in compliance seem to come to the attention of the authorities either by attempting to claim unentitled benefits or getting caught working on the black economy.

2B

I know that the Meldebhörde won´t ask for proof of income. However, I also know that free movement isn´t the same as freedom to join another member state´s tax funded social system. Being German I never had to prove that I can sustain myself in Germany (so why would I know that process?). I had in Cyprus though ( and I didn´t regard that as intrusive btw). That´s why I asked whether he´ll be asked further down the line. I merely wanted to know whether, and if so how Germany is checking that requirement. And I´d still like to know. Maybe you can answer that rather than throwing around unfounded insinuations?

Btw I´m far from being disappointed or gloating about the OP´s or any other Brit´s Brexit-related misfortune. Quite the contrary. I do sympathise with him and his girlfriend.

And what party do you think I voted for? Hint: It starts with an F and there is P in the end.

And what recents assertions are you talking about? I have no clue what you mean.

On 2/6/2019, 6:27:44, Under the Radar said:

and you are quite clearly an asshole!