Registration & healthcare HELP!

96 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Daisick said:

That's all in with the house insurance, if you mean if someone is injured on our property. Personal liability insurance outside the property I haven't heard of. 

Learn fast about that, Daisick!

eg:

ASK YOUR GERMAN GIRLFRIEND!

( I couldn´t be quieter than that!! )

ASK her if she has it and get her to sign you on with hers.

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Get ye to a professional consultant eg tax consultant -- to arrange some kind of an employee contract! Get into the system, mate, before..well, before dunno what..Brexit, for example? Or you get ill or whatever.

:rolleyes:

I like your humour, by the way!!

Yes I understand now reference the personal insurance. In Wales it was no problem, you could knock a guy out and in some cases even a woman for looking at you the wrong way and as long as you bought then a pint the next time you saw them in their wheel chair all would be forgotten and forgiven. I suppose these bloody Germans aren't quite so forgiving. ? .

Sorry this whole Brexit thing has robbed me a little of my humor. But at least I have my health, even if I have no insurance ?. 

I'll have to go back to growing canabis in the attic like in Wales, surely these pesky Germans will look the other way.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my questions I do appreciate it and will take all on board.??

I'm off to watch some mindless British TV on the ipad and forget about my 'problems' for the rest of the evening and ask myself why we decided to buy a house in Germany instead of living in a motorhome in the sun in Portugal every winter without a care in the world. ?

??

10 minutes ago, Daisick said:

Yes I understand now reference the personal insurance. In Wales it was no problem, you could knock a guy out and in some cases even a woman for looking at you the wrong way and as long as you bought then a pint the next time you saw them in their wheel chair all would be forgotten and forgiven. I suppose these bloody Germans aren't quite so forgiving. ? .

Sorry this whole Brexit thing has robbed me a little of my humor. But at least I have my health, even if I have no insurance ?. 

I'll have to go back to growing canabis in the attic like in Wales, surely these pesky Germans will look the other way.

22 minutes ago, Daisick said:

That's all in with the house insurance, if you mean if someone is injured on our property. Personal liability insurance outside the property I haven't heard of. 

Learn fast about that, Daisick!

eg:

I live on Crete - though still in the German system (tax, broker licence etc..even TV licence ( though I am not answering their letters ) )

I have a Welsh friend in our village, Roger being his name. He is trying to sell his house here to get the money to buy a house in the UK --why? To get back into the UK health system. He spends more than 6 months a year outside the UK...Greek public insurance (which he currently has )..erm, they told him the other month " Brexit. We will cancel your Greek public insurance ." Probably a nonsense statement by an ignorant, underpaid employee here but anyway.

His wife was born in Germany but moved to the UK at the age of nine. She has just been in Germany to register there in the German system..to get public insurance there as a " returnee German citizen "...

By the way , Roger played rugby for Wales 50 years ago and the first match was against Scotland at Ninian Park.

Fun: he has a new neighbour here in our village...a Scottish rugby player he played against in  that match and whom he´d never had contact with since that match!!

Isn´t life strange? Strains of Moody Blues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZZjXgJ4W8

43 minutes ago, Daisick said:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my questions I do appreciate it and will take all on board.??

I'm off to watch some mindless British TV on the ipad and forget about my 'problems' for the rest of the evening and ask myself why we decided to buy a house in Germany instead of living in a motorhome in the sun in Portugal every winter without a care in the world. ?

??

May the force be with you, Daisick! Plenty of camper vans on our local beach--Brits, Germans, Finns, French. All hopefully equipped for the rain forecast tonight...

Take care, pal!

Oh well time to throw a cat amongst the pigeons. I have been through this exact situation and lived here for over double the 4 years your have been here before eventually getting in to the public system.

Now  I don't condone this but there are reasons and circumstances as to why some people myself included had been put in this predicament it was not intentional to break any laws it just worked out that way.

Unfortunately for you  @Daisick Brexit has screwed your situation as the clock is against you. 

Now I can guide you through a couple of processes if you want to reappear but I cannot gaurantee they will work, I can only say they worked for me I was able to finally resurface as a legal being in Germany with no repercussions.

Let me just start by saying before registering I had already been here 9 years.

In the run up to registering in I went back to Britain to make an appointment to see my GP, reason for appointment was I had a potential job offer and a medical was required to say I was in good health, this would put me on the map as being in Britain. The only problem was I could not use my old address and the address I used from a friend was not in my old GP's catchment area. I then went to a local GP but had to get a letter from my friend to say he was the owner of the house and that I had moved there, the local GP gave me an appointment.

My next step and only option was to marry, my then girlfriend was more than happy the only problem was where. I looked at the options and like your girlfriend we were more than knowledgeable with the system and paperwork required in Germany. With some research, Denmark still not so simple, Gretna Green also not and Las Vegas to expensive and then I stumbled upon Gibraltar. 

Cut a long story short we contacted a wedding planner there who arranged everything and basically invited a couple of friends, flew into Gibraltar with our passports and were married in under 48 hours, it was that simple. 

Marriage Certificate was Notarised so all we had to do was have it officially translated back in Germany and then onto the Bezirksamt for the anmeldung. This has nothing to do with German Health insurance this is only to register the address where I lived with my now wife.

With the health insurance the AOK sent out the necessary forms and the question relating to previous Health Insurer was added as NHS. Despite what @someonesdaughter and @lisa13 posted I didn't have to prove anything but of course as a couple of text book posters they are bound to no it all and they are not even British gave me a chuckle tho.

Good luck with it and if I can help you with anything else give me a shout.

26 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

Despite what @someonesdaughter and @lisa13 posted I didn't have to prove anything but of course as a couple of text book posters they are bound to no it all

The fact that you answer legally correct information with insults says everything about your character. 

and they are not even British gave me a chuckle tho.

If you haven't noticed yet, this is neither a British forum, nor one that deliberately provides arrogant Brexit victims with false information. 

Just be glad you were lucky instead of acting like an a**hole. 

edit: I will not answer any more questions on health insurance topics here on TT in the future. I don't feel like getting shit from freeloader idiots who don't like what they hear. 

14 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

The fact that you answer legally correct information with insults says everything about your character. 

If you haven't noticed yet, this is neither a British forum, nor one that deliberately provides arrogant Brexit victims with false information. 

Just be glad you were lucky instead of acting like an a**hole. 

edit: I will not answer any more questions on health insurance topics here on TT in the future. I don't feel like getting shit from freeloader idiots who don't like what they hear. 

I understand your annoyance/frustration, but please don't let one dickhead deter you. There are people on here who appreciate your contributions.

25 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

they are bound to no it all

ah yes.  we surely no a lot

I find it interesting that you neglected to notice the posts by other users saying the same thing we did - kinda suggests someone with an unhealthy fascination with certain users, which is QUITE strange for a newbie, I must say. 

29 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

I cannot gaurantee they will work

no you can't.  nice touch to add that disclaimer though

53 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Look mate a bloke comes on here asking a question about registration and insurance and from my experince your answer was wrong cant you stand be corrected or what?

On 1/31/2019, 2:10:10, someonesdaughter said:

During the registration Daisick is asked for his previous address... This can all work - or not. 

When I did the regsistration I was never asked for a previous address so what you talking about. I was talking about a personal experience whether you like that or not I dont really care but I gave it as it comes.

25 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

ah yes.  we surely no a lot

I find it interesting that you neglected to notice the posts by other users saying the same thing we did - kinda suggests someone with an unhealthy fascination with certain users, which is QUITE strange for a newbie, I must say. 

no you can't.  nice touch to add that disclaimer though

What is with the people on this forum talk about clicky 

23 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

cant you stand be corrected or what?

I'm sorry but as a person who managed to luck out when applying for health insurance (how long ago was that?), you are not in a position to correct anyone.

there are so many threads on the nuances of getting into the public system.  I suggest anyone who has doubts about how "easy" it is to skate through go read those threads.

something was nagging me on my way home:  

2 hours ago, Under the Radar said:

I went back to Britain to make an appointment to see my GP, reason for appointment was I had a potential job offer and a medical was required to say I was in good health

if you'd had a job lined up in Germany you would have had no trouble getting into a kasse.  there would have been no need to "put yourself" in Britain either, presuming you are actually a British citizen.  I can only assume you didn't get that job nor any other since you had to get married.  Or did you know that and decided to overkill it?  Anyway the fact that you were married to someone who had a right to public cover eliminates just about every concern the kasse could have about your prior coverage.  I can only guess that's how you skated through (or not, since there was no reason to press the issue in that case - you didn't get lucky, you simply fulfilled one of the magic bullet requirements by getting married)

and that's precisely the OPs problem:  he doesn't work for an employer, and it sounds like his woman does not want to get married so he does in fact need to be concerned about proving prior cover. If he can't do that it does appear his best option is to take John's advice and find a minimally paying non-mini job to get himself on the books.

Radar- you were able to sort things out, and great to give anecdotal stories.

True, these do not always work, and most of the time do not work and fines/ back charges ensue.

John g ( expert insurance broker!) and Lisa have mentioned problems facing OP.

His best option is to find a non- mini job to get onto health, marry his partner.

No reason to start on " clique " accusations. Most of TT regulars have gone through the process- legally to. ( Unlike some under the ----radar/table posts!;)

There is no point in blithely telling someone there will be no problems about non-registering, no health care.

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I'm sorry but as a person who managed to luck out when applying for health insurance (how long ago was that?), you are not in a position to correct anyone.

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

something was nagging me on my way home:  

if you'd had a job lined up in Germany you would have had no trouble getting into a kasse.  there would have been no need to "put yourself" in Britain either, presuming you are actually a British citizen. 

Look I came on here to say there may be an option and being that I may not be the best at putting the message across I may of annoyed a few people sorry.

I cam here in 2007 and registered at Xmas 2016, I went back to Britain to see a GP to put myself back on the map as being in Britain. It was not a job offer I had I was a perfectly healthy person but knowing how anal the British system is the only reason I could fink of to get an appointment was that and it werent a problem. I never worked in Germany and have never done so as I hae enough means between me and my wive but thats another story but perfectly legal.

2 hours ago, Marianne013 said:

Well, you might not have taken into account that the German health insurers have wised up a bit. For those of you who can read German, here are some experiences of German citizens trying to (re)join the German public health insurances.

https://www.deutsche-in-london.net/forum/topic/73867-aok-verlangt-abmeldungsnachweis-nhs-krankenkasse-uk/

I looked at your link and see thats mostly about a German returning after living in Blighty its a little different to my experience sorry and Im not going to even mention where you come from in your profile in case I get me head bitten off again.

1 hour ago, RedMidge said:

Radar- you were able to sort things out, and great to give anecdotal stories.

True, these do not always work, and most of the time do not work and fines/ back charges ensue.

John g ( expert insurance broker!) and Lisa have mentioned problems facing OP.

His best option is to find a non- mini job to get onto health, marry his partner.

No reason to start on " clique " accusations. Most of TT regulars have gone through the process- legally to. ( Unlike some under the ----radar/table posts!;)

There is no point in blithely telling someone there will be no problems about non-registering, no health care.

As I see it @Daisick is pretty much were I was 4 years ago and since getting married I aint looked back. Im going to be polite here cause Im offended what you say Redmigde your last sentence is not correct read my first post.

I dont care what anyone says but if you are born and bred in Blighty it dont matter if you were in a job or not and paid National insurance you will always be insured for health purposes that was the principles of the NHS.

The NHS was created out of the ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth. When it was launched by the then minister of health, Aneurin Bevan, on July 5 1948, it was based on 3 core principles:

• that it meet the needs of everyone
  • that it be free at the point of delivery
  • that it be based on clinical need, not ability to pay

36 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

Look I came on here to say there may be an option and being that I may not be the best at putting the message across I may of annoyed a few people sorry.

hm.  you also tried to belittle the information someonesdaughter and I offered, which in fact required no "correction" whatsoever, you arrogant toad.  are you seriously attempting to white wash that? 

Hint:  when you take the opportunity in your very first post to call out long time members who do their best to give accurate and complete information, specifically by name, and insinuate they don't know what they're talking about, you better know DAMNED sure what you're talking about or yes, people are likely to get "annoyed" with you

for fucks sake, are you kidding?

44 minutes ago, Under the Radar said:

Im not going to even mention where you come from in your profile in case I get me head bitten off again.

what pray tell is your obsession with where people come from?  what the hell does that have to do with anything?

you don't have to be German to understand German law and requirements.  Clearly you have abdicated any and all responsibility for knowing and understanding the laws of the land you've lived in for a decade but that does not indicate we are all so negligent.  

you set the bar very, very low, dude

5 hours ago, Under the Radar said:

Oh well time to throw a cat amongst the pigeons. I have been through this exact situation and lived here for over double the 4 years your have been here before eventually getting in to the public system.

Now  I don't condone this but there are reasons and circumstances as to why some people myself included had been put in this predicament it was not intentional to break any laws it just worked out that way.

Unfortunately for you  @Daisick Brexit has screwed your situation as the clock is against you. 

Now I can guide you through a couple of processes if you want to reappear but I cannot gaurantee they will work, I can only say they worked for me I was able to finally resurface as a legal being in Germany with no repercussions.

Let me just start by saying before registering I had already been here 9 years.

In the run up to registering in I went back to Britain to make an appointment to see my GP, reason for appointment was I had a potential job offer and a medical was required to say I was in good health, this would put me on the map as being in Britain. The only problem was I could not use my old address and the address I used from a friend was not in my old GP's catchment area. I then went to a local GP but had to get a letter from my friend to say he was the owner of the house and that I had moved there, the local GP gave me an appointment.

My next step and only option was to marry, my then girlfriend was more than happy the only problem was where. I looked at the options and like your girlfriend we were more than knowledgeable with the system and paperwork required in Germany. With some research, Denmark still not so simple, Gretna Green also not and Las Vegas to expensive and then I stumbled upon Gibraltar. 

Cut a long story short we contacted a wedding planner there who arranged everything and basically invited a couple of friends, flew into Gibraltar with our passports and were married in under 48 hours, it was that simple. 

Marriage Certificate was Notarised so all we had to do was have it officially translated back in Germany and then onto the Bezirksamt for the anmeldung. This has nothing to do with German Health insurance this is only to register the address where I lived with my now wife.

With the health insurance the AOK sent out the necessary forms and the question relating to previous Health Insurer was added as NHS. Despite what @someonesdaughter and @lisa13 posted I didn't have to prove anything but of course as a couple of text book posters they are bound to no it all and they are not even British gave me a chuckle tho.

Good luck with it and if I can help you with anything else give me a shout.

You just got lucky with that, Under the Radar!I deal with public health applications on a daily basis with expats, including those moving from the UK AND including those who have been in Germany for years and i can guarantee you in nearly every case..there´s a  stumbling block.

The LAW: you have been in Germany for over three months (Anmeldung ), are NOT an employee and try to get into voluntary membership of public insurance...you can´t (unless a case worker doesn´t know the rules...)

You come from eg the UK and public insurance companies usually need reminding there is no Abmeldung in the UK ..so they want something else eg GP letter stating you were their patient (till the day BEFORE you registered in Germany..usually..Germans don´t like gaps in the system...:D. Failing that (because what they want...an E104 form from the UK..they won´t get/can´t get from the UK ): a utility bill, a bank statement (up to date ), a rent book..whatever.

You were lucky but please do not distract from the real issue: it is in 99 per cent of cases not how it worked for you...

Disclaimer: I´m an independent insurance broker, ageing gracelessly..and an authorised advertiser on TT!