Lastschriftrückgabe - BEV Energie Insolvenz

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

 

I had an electricity contract with BEV Energie and just came to know that they have applied for bankruptcy. This means that I won't be getting back my balance and also won't get the bonus. 

I still have the possibility to do a Lastschriftrückgabe for the amount which they deducted from my account for this month but I am not sure if there would be any consequences for this? Any suggestions on whether it is a good idea or a bad one? Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:

I still have the possibility to do a Lastschriftrückgabe for the amount which they deducted from my account for this month but I am not sure if there would be any consequences for this? Any suggestions on whether it is a good idea or a bad one?

 

It's too early to get any info from the court-appointed administrator according to all reports available so far. This is what BR posted around 21:00 on 30.01.19 for example.

 

Quote

Auch die Bundesnetzagentur und der bayerische Wirtschaftsminister Hubert Aiwanger (Freie Wähler) hatten sich deshalb schon mit der BEV beschäftigt. Recherchen der "Wirtschaftswoche" zufolge sollen Ende 2018 rund 250.000 unbeantwortete Kundenzuschriften vorgelegen haben.


Insolvenzverwalter verweigert Antworten auf Einzelanfragen


Unter anderem wegen der hohen Zahl der Betroffenen sieht sich der Insolvenzverwalter nicht in der Lage, Einzelfragen zum Verfahren zu beantworten, wie es auf der Insolvenzwebseite heißt. Fragen der Kunden zu ihren Abrechnungen würden aber über die bisherige Service-Hotline beantwortet.

 

"The federal network agency [responsible for oversight of electricity, gas, internet and rail network providers] and the Bavarian minister for economic affairs had the BEV under scrutiny. Research by "Wirtschaftswoche" found the BEV had amassed over 250K unanswered letters from customers by the end of 2018.

 

Due to the high number of people affected the bankruptcy administrator is not in a position  to answer individual queries according to their website. However customer questions about their billing will continue to be answered by the existing [BEV Energie I presume] Service-Hotline."

Edits in square [ ] brackets are mine.

 

There are over 500.000 customers affected so you might expect to hear a lot more about the situation as it develops over the next weeks and months.

 

Supply of electricity and/or gas will continue as per existing arrangements under the law. Within a month or six weeks you might find your future billing coming from the traditional regional supplier in your location.

 

You might want to consider canceling your BEV Energie Lastschriftmandat although I'm not sure there'd be any point in instructing your bank to issue a Lastschriftrückgabe for January since the month is almost over.

 

Probably a good time to check your current (;)) meter data and take a photo with your smartphone as evidence of your usage as of this date.

 

2B

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´ve just successfully claimed back the debit order for January to at least partly secure my claim for the Neukunden-bonus. Let´s see how that plays out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

Due to the high number of people affected the bankruptcy administrator is not in a position  to answer individual queries according to their website. However customer questions about their billing will continue to be answered by the existing [BEV Energie I presume] Service-Hotline."

Edits in square [ ] brackets are mine.

 

- They have a Service-Hotline where no one answers :) just a recorded msg to visit their insolvenz webpage

 

8 hours ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

You might want to consider canceling your BEV Energie Lastschriftmandat although I'm not sure there'd be any point in instructing your bank to issue a Lastschriftrückgabe for

January since the month is almost over

 

- I have cancelled the Lastschriftmandant but it's still possible to get the direct debit back within 6 or 8 weeks i guess. I still see the possibility to do so in my online banking and I will do it.

 

Thank you for answering :) in detail

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeba said:

I´ve just successfully claimed back the debit order for January to at least partly secure my claim for the Neukunden-bonus. Let´s see how that plays out.

 

Hi @jeba

sorry to hear that you are also affected with this. I have also claimed back the direct debit for January and will see how that goes. Will share here with you in case I hear back from BEV which I suppose won't be the case. They have run away with people's money...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:


@jeba

They have run away with people's money...

It probably more a case of "they have run out of people´s money".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:

- I have cancelled the Lastschriftmandant but it's still possible to get the direct debit back within 6 or 8 weeks i guess

It´s 8 weeks

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky I read this.

I got a letter from BEV in december stating they were going to skyrocket the prices, so switched, but it doesn't help that they were still massively overcharging me for electricity and now on point 9 of their page it looks like i will lose out on a few hundred euros.

 

going to try cancel their payment of january which will hopefully even it out a bit

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jeba said:

It probably more a case of "they have run out of people´s money".

 

it was a kind of suicide when they increased their prices at the end of the last year. Seems like all of their customers terminated their contracts straight away :) 

anyhow i read their old reviews yesterday and they were not so impressive...lesson learned is to always do contract with some company with good repute...one other lesson learned is to keep the monthly payments to minimum...it's better to keep your money in your hand and pay the difference at the end of the year :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now