Flower market/wholesale flowers

3 posts in this topic

Agreed to marry near my fiance's home, Aalen-ish and planning it from London.  

Nearly everything is online and the bilingual threads on this forum have been useful the only thing I can't find is nearby flower markets?  I'd rather do the flowers ourselves etc you always get far more for your money!  Does anyone know where a flower market is, where the public can visit not just traders?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, krisabelle said:

Does anyone know where a flower market is, where the public can visit not just traders?

There are none. The flower wholesale markets in Stuttgart and Ulm do not sell to private individuals. Garden centres would still be a possibility, flowers are mostly somewhat more favorable there than in flower shops. 

There are loads of u-pick gardens around, where you can pick what you want and leave money in a box on an honour system, usually by the roadside.  I know of one in Mainhardt, there are others certainly closer to Stuttgart, don't know any off hand.  They are obviously very seasonal, and the logistics of it would be difficult and time consuming.  Better to order from a florist, and have that headache looked after for you, you've got enough on your plate as it is, what with a wedding to plan and all.

At any farmer's market there are flower sellers, there is one at the market in Bad Cannstatt.  Whether they are significantly cheaper than a florist is debatable. 

You might make up a wish list of what you want, and get quotes from two or three florists, you might get a better deal that way.