looking for translation services for an event - recommendations?

3 posts in this topic

Hey all, my company is putting on an event next week - (we have 50 plus folks attending so far!). I'll be speaking as well as one of my colleagues, and we're looking to hire a translator (from English to German) for it. It would be several hours, in the morning through early afternoon.

Does anyone know a good service for this? Any recommendations welcome, thanks! :)

58 minutes ago, lehrer41 said:

I'll be speaking as well as one of my colleagues, and we're looking to hire a translator (from English to German) for it.

Unless you are expecting them to provide written translations then I would think you should be looking for an interpreter (Dolmetscher) rather than a translator (Übersetzer).

You can find a number of either located near to your event by putting the PLZ+Berlin-Bezirksname into the search box of their national association Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e.V.

You may find it difficult to book one at all at such short notice though.

That said, if you check the TT 'Directory' (top of screen) amongst the official site advertisers there is a Berlin based one which has a very good rep for quick reaction service according to the number of postive reports posted by members on their thread. To find that thread look up "Red Tape Translations" in the site search box (top right).

2B