The New Gillette Social Awareness Campaign

1,098 posts in this topic

I am not a pedophile by any stretch - if I were I would not enjoy a man-sized unit, would I?  but I do appreciate a smooth undercarriage on my partner primarily as any hair in the vicinity seems to capture and hold onto odors.  It feels much nicer, too.

there it is.

I remember my first " bum fluff ", Boggsdollocks! Couldn´t wait for a beard to grow...cos it was the time long hair for men was becoming fashionable! Even now, when I see a fully shaven Glatzkopf on a younger man, I think back to skinheads on the streets in England!

Yeah, it's weird that work chat should be for... (checks notes)... work purposes.

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Firms urged to crack down on office football chat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-51261999

Plenty of women sports fans commenting on that and offended by the „ sexist „ remark that women aren‘t sports fans👋.

Every single niece and other female relatives of mine in England ( and I have plenty) is a football fan ( albeit quarrelling about the different teams they support😀)

and some are also cricket fans, rugby fans, hockey fans, netball fans etc.

On 2.2.2020, 07:16:09, Keleth said:

A couple of cases where "woke" culture shows it`s bad side.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51307706

Anyone actually believe that was a racist comment.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/listen-actress-amber-heard-admits-to-hitting-johnny-depp-in-shocking-audio

It now looks like Johnny Depp may have been the victim of domestic abuse rather than the other way around.

The thing is, whilst the culture of toxic masculinity exists and is laughed upon, male on male rape, or domestic violence against males is not taken seriously. Everyone suffers.

I think this pretty much sums up the pressure on women in society. Toxic culture which destroys women.

I think that is what Gilette was kind of trying to do- highligting the problems of toxic masculinity, but it didn't work out as they wanted it to.

On 2/8/2020, 5:24:56, Anna66 said:

The thing is, whilst the culture of toxic masculinity exists and is laughed upon, male on male rape, or domestic violence against males is not taken seriously. Everyone suffers.

If you include prison rape in the US men are actually more likely to get raped than women.  Also if you consider groping to be sexual assault it is extremely under reported by men.  I can't tell you how many times I had my butt grabbed by some drunk feminist (yes some actually identified as feminists).

On 28.4.2020, 11:27:34, J0ker said:

I can't tell you how many times I had my butt grabbed by some drunk feminist (yes some actually identified as feminists).

Did they actually grope you and tell you that they were feminists? When I had my butt groped by men, none of them ever told me they were misogynists or anything like that, it was normally followed by a wink and a grin. No words spoken...People should just leave each other alone. Personal space is important.

As for male prisons and rape, yes it is disgustingly under reported. That too is because of our culture of toxic masculinity.

it's a bullshit story, Anna.  Invented.  A fabrication.

Since sexist people (both male and female) don't have a clue what feminism is, they think it's about women who want to be men because they're jealous of them (and don't know their "place").  Another quirk of men who know nothing about women is that they assume that women have all the same sexual attitudes, needs and urges as men but repress them because they prefer the power they can wield over men by not acting on them :rolleyes: So using this erroneous narrative as a start for the story, it seemed like a good idea to make the card-waving feminist grab him, as if this is what women would do if they felt really empowered and emancipated.  It does not occur to him that what women really want is not the same as what men really want.  Women, left to their own devices, would in actual fact NOT spend all their time groping strangers.  And of course the logic escapes them that if what a real feminist wants is equality for the sexes, then a real feminist wants rights and respect for everybody, not the right to sexually mishandle other people.

I have seen women touching strange men in an inappropriate manner, in the context of gay clubs, where these dumb bints think that just because a man is gay and in a state of partial or total undress, that he welcomes any- and everybody touching, grabbing or slapping his body parts.  I don't know if they were feminists.  Just drunk idiots who had completely gotten the wrong end of the stick about what a "safe space" is.  Probably the same daft cows who want nothing more than a "gay best friend for shopping" and go to gay clubs so they can "dance without being hassled" by all the straight men that so desperately want them.  I don't think women like that have much of a political clue or opinion on anything whatsoever, much less feminism.

Most experts seem to agree that Gillette lost about 8 Billion as a result of this ad in the first quarter of 2019.

That's a lot.

Why not post what the analysis says? Well, I guess you didn't post it because it doesn't really confirm your perspective. 

P&G paid $57 billion in 2005 for Gillette, the world’s No.1 shaving brand that is more than a century old. But in the 2010s technology altered the way consumers purchased razors, and relaxed social norms prompted men to shave less often, according to a Euromonitor report. In the past 5 years, the U.S. men’s market for shaving products has shrunk by over 11%, the data firm said.

P&G has been cutting prices and investing in new products at its grooming business, hoping to claw back market share from upstart shaving brands bought by rivals, such as Unilever’s (ULVR.L) Dollar Shave Club and Edgewell Personal Care’s (EPC.N) recent acquisition of Harry’s.

For instance, P&G recently launched a razor called SkinGuard, designed for men with sensitive skin prone to irritation. Gillette’s share of the U.S. men’s razors and blades market slipped in 2018 while that of Harry’s and Unilever grew, Euromonitor data showed.

P&G has signaled to analysts for some time that it might write down Gillette, given the market’s issues; the charge is just an accounting expression of what we knew was happening to the business, Bernstein analyst Ali Dibadj said.

write-down is not a loss.

On 5/2/2020, 11:42:57, Anna66 said:

Did they actually grope you and tell you that they were feminists? When I had my butt groped by men, none of them ever told me they were misogynists or anything like that, it was normally followed by a wink and a grin. No words spoken...People should just leave each other alone. Personal space is important.

As for male prisons and rape, yes it is disgustingly under reported. That too is because of our culture of toxic masculinity.

I knew some of these women; you'd be surprised how differently some people behave when nobody's watching.

On 5/3/2020, 8:49:29, dessa_dangerous said:

it's a bullshit story, Anna.  Invented.  A fabrication.

Since sexist people (both male and female) don't have a clue what feminism is, they think it's about women who want to be men because they're jealous of them (and don't know their "place").  Another quirk of men who know nothing about women is that they assume that women have all the same sexual attitudes, needs and urges as men but repress them because they prefer the power they can wield over men by not acting on them :rolleyes: So using this erroneous narrative as a start for the story, it seemed like a good idea to make the card-waving feminist grab him, as if this is what women would do if they felt really empowered and emancipated.  It does not occur to him that what women really want is not the same as what men really want.  Women, left to their own devices, would in actual fact NOT spend all their time groping strangers.  And of course the logic escapes them that if what a real feminist wants is equality for the sexes, then a real feminist wants rights and respect for everybody, not the right to sexually mishandle other people.

I have seen women touching strange men in an inappropriate manner, in the context of gay clubs, where these dumb bints think that just because a man is gay and in a state of partial or total undress, that he welcomes any- and everybody touching, grabbing or slapping his body parts.  I don't know if they were feminists.  Just drunk idiots who had completely gotten the wrong end of the stick about what a "safe space" is.  Probably the same daft cows who want nothing more than a "gay best friend for shopping" and go to gay clubs so they can "dance without being hassled" by all the straight men that so desperately want them.  I don't think women like that have much of a political clue or opinion on anything whatsoever, much less feminism.

Did you copy and paste that from some Gender Studies textbook?

20 hours ago, J0ker said:

I knew some of these women; you'd be surprised how differently some people behave when nobody's watching.

Bad behaviour has nothing to do with gender. You would be surpised what happens to people after a few drinks or two!

Alcohol... etc etc... and even when people are watching some people will behave like that under the influence.