The New Gillette Social Awareness Campaign

1,115 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

 but if you think about it most people are somewhere in the middle.  

Perhaps, but it's easy to be in the middle when the unplanned preganancy is all a hypothetical.  That's why I stick with:

MY BODY - MY UTERUS - MY CHOICE

21 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Most laws right now are somewhere in the middle and that makes sense to me.  I guess that makes me a conservative?

I like to be in charge of my identity.  So I'll let you be in charge of yours (meant in a serious but light hearted way).  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

 

Our new anti-choice, pro-Brexit, religious Catholic member says he's gay.

5e1d957053cff_thatsthejoke1.jpg.7cfd5a16

Do you have something against Catholics? I see in your profile you like "hugging refugees". This is interesting because most refugees in Germany are Muslim, who have views that are mich more conservative, even extreme, than those of Catholics. Do you insult Muslims, too, about their faith or do you - as many "liberals" do - apply a double standard?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMurphy said:

Conserve women's choice? That's a nice euphemism for saying "women should be able to kill their unborn children whenever and for whatever reason they want." The idea that a woman should have a right to an abortion is a relatively recent one and is something that many people (including myself) vehemently oppose.

What right do you have over any

womans body? Disgusting, selfish view.

On 1/12/2020, 8:49:07, Anna66 said:

I read this article today about a man who transitioned and then changed his mind. Heartbreaking stuff. (see link below)

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7876747/Academic-gruelling-sex-swap-surgery-changed-mind-minute.html

Daily Mail? Daily Hate!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BMurphy said:

Do you have something against Catholics? I see in your profile you like "hugging refugees". This is interesting because most refugees in Germany are Muslim, who have views that are mich more conservative, even extreme, than those of Catholics. Do you insult Muslims, too, about their faith or do you - as many "liberals" do - apply a double standard?

 

When they came here in 2015 he didn't help a single one.  I'm uncertain if he asked them what they do to gays in places like Iran.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McDee said:

What right do you have over any

womans body? Disgusting, selfish view.

Daily Mail? Daily Hate!

The Daily Mail and Daily Express were the only papers who attempted top cover the Elm Guest house / Dolphin Square paedophile ring scandal back in 2012. The Guardian actually defended paedophilia. Before you yell, search for an article by Tom o'Carroll in the Guardian calling for "balance inthe hysteria.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McDee said:

What right do you have over any

womans body? Disgusting, selfish view.

Daily Mail? Daily Hate!

Silly feminist perspective.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, those silly feminists. How dare they want to take control over their own lives.

 

 

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I can't stress this enough: you really need to get off Twitter and YouTube. They're poisoning your brain (what little of it you haven't already killed off through rampant alcohol abuse).

 

There are no "left wingers" who wish to murder babies after they are born. That's a figment of the alt-right's imagination.

 

No it is not. Go dig out hearings where the doctor says it is permissible to let babies die after birth. My copy psaste skills are somewhat wanting today...

 

 

 

Just now, El Jeffo said:

Yeah, those silly feminists. How dare they want to take control over their own lives.

 

 

 

So if you get a lady up the duff and she decides to abort his child, what does King jeffo say to that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
3 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

So if you get a lady up the duff and she decides to abort his child, what does King jeffo say to that?

It is not 'his" child.  It is 'their" child.  However, it is not being carried, nourished, and birthed in 'his' body, but in 'her" body.  

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BMurphy said:

 

2 hours ago, BMurphy said:

Conserve women's choice? That's a nice euphemism for saying "women should be able to kill their unborn children whenever and for whatever reason they want." The idea that a woman should have a right to an abortion is a relatively recent one and is something that many people (including myself) vehemently oppose.

What right do you have over any

womans body? Disgusting, selfish view.

On 1/12/2020, 8:49:07, Anna66 said:

I read this article today about a man who transitioned and then changed his mind. Heartbreaking stuff. (see link below)

 

 

Silly feminist perspective. Er what? You lost the argument with that reply. Have a lovely closed minded life. What a fascist!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Perhaps, but it's easy to be in the middle when the unplanned preganancy is all a hypothetical.  That's why I stick with:

MY BODY - MY UTERUS - MY CHOICE

I like to be in charge of my identity.  So I'll let you be in charge of yours (meant in a serious but light hearted way).  

What if the pregnancy was planned but the woman then chooses differently?  What if the baby is full developed, viable and the mother is healthy and there is a father and support system in place to love and care for the child?  What if the woman is suffering from depression and there is a question of her decisionmaking ability?  

 

Absolutes suck.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

What if the baby is full developed, viable and the mother is healthy and there is a father and support system in place to love and care for the child?

Then the abortion is not legal in nearly every jurisdiction worldwide. Like I'm guessing most people do, I apply the freedom to choose only to the first trimester. Anything after that and a pregnancy termination will generally only be approved in case of severe birth defects or danger to the mother.

 

14 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Absolutes suck.  

No offense, but so does your example. Equating pro-choice with being pro-late-term abortions is as bad as j²'s insane claim that "left wingers" want to kill babies that have already been delivered.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Then the abortion is not legal in nearly every jurisdiction worldwide. Like I'm guessing most people do, I apply the freedom to choose only to the first trimester. Anything after that and a pregnancy termination will generally only be approved in case of severe birth defects or danger to the mother.

 

No offense, but so does your example. Equating pro-choice with being pro-late-term abortions is as bad as j²'s insane claim that "left wingers" want to kill babies that have already been delivered.

Isn't abortion in the UK legal in all cases up to six months? Can't an abortion be performed in New York right up until birth? Correct me I'm wrong. In any event, the first trimester limit is arbitrary and the numbers of women having abortions are completely - and unecessarily - out of control.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

No offense, but so does your example. Equating pro-choice with being pro-late-term abortions is as bad as j²'s insane claim that "left wingers" want to kill babies that have already been delivered.

I am not implying that lift wingers want late term abortions, however when I am told " MY BODY - MY UTERUS - MY CHOICE " there was no exception made for late term abortions or anything else.  This is the attitude on the left that I am also against.  

I know that most current laws prevent late term abortions and I agree with the "up to the first trimester" rule. 

We are vehemently in agreement.

43 minutes ago, BMurphy said:

Can't an abortion be performed in New York right up until birth? Correct me I'm wrong.

Well, of course you are wrong:

Quote

However, the most controversial aspect of the RHA is the provision allowing abortions after 24 weeks in cases where there is an "absence of foetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health".

 

43 minutes ago, BMurphy said:

In any event, the first trimester limit is arbitrary

It is not arbitrary, in my opinion, but scientifically based.  We consider someone dead when all brain activity has ceased, so why would we not consider someone alive until brain activity begins?  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think there are at least 8 threads on abortion already.

 

Just sayin'

Frooty is right. We've done that to er, death. Back to ridiculous PC drivel. Any of you seen what Patrick Stewart wants to do? Oh dear.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think there are at least 8 threads on abortion already.

 

Just sayin'

They started it... :)

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now