The New Gillette Social Awareness Campaign

308 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, deadsoul said:

Not quite. I think I follow the statistics. I'm stuck on the part where humans believe they have a moral commonality with a bunch of factories churning out plastic disposable razors.

Ok. If you don't understand brand relationships, just say so. 

56 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Yes, the votes on YouTube are so verifiable, reproducible, and unmanipulable. How could anyone not take them seriously?

And those polls were so accurate for Brexit and in the 2016 election. Weren't they Allie?

Svetty, who do you think did this brand research?

Pro-tip: I gave you a link. 

RIF

2 hours ago, deadsoul said:

Not quite. I think I follow the statistics. I'm stuck on the part where humans believe they have a moral commonality with a bunch of factories churning out plastic disposable razors.

Aha! I'm switching to Bic! "The goddamn ball was in!"

1 hour ago, Svetlana.Petro said:

I was in a similar situation although my mother was home with us. The problem was that by the time I had reached grade 1 the Soviet Union had collapsed and there was widespread poverty with people standing in line for unknown goods (getting something was better than nothing).

Ah now I understand you better Svetty. Many of us who have spent time outside of the Western Mockingbird media bubble (I think the majority of people believe their own govts) or for that matter any from Eastern Europe, can smell propaganda horseshit from governments before it's even broadcasted, so to speak. I'm not sure if you've seen the Youtube clip by KGB defector Yugi Bezmenov. It explains everything.

45 minutes ago, Svetlana.Petro said:

And those polls were so accurate for Brexit and in the 2016 election. Weren't they Allie?

It's come out that the NSA unrigged five of the voting machines which were preset to elect Hilary, just enough to get their man in.  

Allie how many times do you need to be wrong to lose credibility?

Pro-tip: Not many

Here's another:

https://campaignme.com/2019/01/29/115698/nearly-40-per-cent-of-women-reacted-negatively-to-gillette-ad/

In any case if you really want to tackle "toxic masculinity" why were you so soft on those illegal migrants in Cologne on NYE? As I recall you were more outraged at people who were outraged at them.

8 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Ok. If you don't understand brand relationships, just say so. 

I did say so. I was hoping you could explain the point that was difficult for me, since you appear to be a pro.

Ahahahahaha!

Research comes from MavenMagnet, which will be partnering with Campaign's parent company Motivate Media Group

Since 1982 Motivate Publishing has been operated in a partnership between Ian Fairservice and Obaid Humaid Al Tayer who is currently the UAE Minister of State for Finance.

So credible and independent. You do know about the concept of male guardianship in the UAE. It's hardly even possible that women answered this "survey". Actually, no women answered any survey; MavenMagnet analysed social media posts. You must feel a right fool.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Ahahahahaha!

So credible and independent. You do know about the concept of male guardianship in the UAE. It's hardly even possible that women answered this "survey". Actually, no women answered any survey; MavenMagnet analysed social media posts. You must feel a right fool.

I wanted to see whether you would fall for this and you did. You have refrained from criticising these countries and for such a crusader of womens rights you were strangely mild to the illegal migrants after Cologne NYE, most of which came from the Middle East and North Africa. So now you have admitted these countries have a "toxic masculinity" problem and even implied it was far worse than anywhere in the West. Well done my gullible little Allie.

Describes perfectly why I'm not a feminist. They want to sell themselves as strong women but when I looked into that woman's face all I saw was submission. And to vent their frustration those same women ignore what is going in the Islamic world but instead complain about irrelevant things like "manspreading" over here.

I've learned from an early age to take of and defend myself. I was going to the gym regularly and also did Judo and a little bit of kickboxing and I'll make sure that my daughter does as well. I also keep on telling my girlfriends to negotiate very hard when it comes to their salary but some are simply too shy. However I never let some dude in a suit intimidate me. If it was honestly about equality I would be a huge feminist but it's not, it's about manhating (sorry but I love my hubby, father and stepson too much for that). And some of those same feminists, who are too scared to stand up for themselves, have the nerve to make fun of you for being a stay home father. Pathetic.

15 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Yes, the votes on YouTube are so verifiable, reproducible, and unmanipulable. How could anyone not take them seriously?

And we can always take the gender someone claims on an internet form as the truth, too.

23 minutes ago, Svetlana.Petro said:

Describes perfectly why I'm not a feminist. They want to sell themselves as strong women but when I looked into that woman's face all I saw was submission. And to vent their frustration those same women ignore what is going in the Islamic world but instead complain about irrelevant things like "manspreading" over here.

I've learned from an early age to take of and defend myself. I was going to the gym regularly and also did Judo and a little bit of kickboxing and I'll make sure that my daughter does as well. I also keep on telling my girlfriends to negotiate very hard when it comes to their salary but some are simply too shy. However I never let some dude in a suit intimidate me. If it was honestly about equality I would be a huge feminist but it's not, it's about manhating

And some of those same feminists, who are too scared to stand up for themselves, have the nerve to make fun of you for being a stay home father. Pathetic.

Aye you're right Svet, they are when all's said and done simply miserable shits. I can't take any of them seriously. They are their own worst enemy. Did you see that thread where some girl came on here asking about birth control methods? I got told off by our overlord (or lady) for telling her to cross her bloody legs. Best method of all. 

7 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

And we can always take the gender someone claims on an internet form as the truth, too.

Now this one Allie, even you have to let this one pass, given your equality guff:

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/transspecies-man-abandons-family-to-live-naked-in-the-forest-as-a-squirrel/

Bloke wants to gather nuts and live in the forest as a squirrel. Under Marxist rules he is allowed to do so. What do you say to him? To say no might be seen as transspeciesophobic. 

squirrelman3.jpg

12 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Aye you're right Svet, they are when all's said and done simply miserable shits. I can't take any of them seriously. They are their own worst enemy. Did you see that thread where some girl came on here asking about birth control methods? I got told off by our overlord (or lady) for telling her to cross her bloody legs. Best method of all.

I don't agree. People are going to have sex no matter what so it's best to use some sort of birth control unless you're planning to have a very large family. Also people are having less and less sex and the last thing you want to do is turn our society into a Puritan one. As for Allie, very interesting how she's avoiding talking about her double standard.

19 minutes ago, Svetlana.Petro said:

I don't agree. People are going to have sex no matter what so it's best to use some sort of birth control unless you're planning to have a very large family. Also people are having less and less sex and the last thing you want to do is turn our society into a Puritan one. As for Allie, very interesting how she's avoiding talking about her double standard.

Point taken. Yeah looking back I was being facetious. Actually you have a point. If anything Europe actually needs more kids as the figure is dropping. Time to bring back that old colonial British Empire cliche for the Victorian ladies, "Lie on your back and think of England". :D

On 2/2/2019, 4:23:44, J0ker said:

Who are you criticizing here?  Achilles or Homer for describing Polyxena having fallen in love with him?  As I recall Achilles didn't rape her and he was portrayed much better than Menelaus, Agamemnon or even Odysseus.  You may suspect that if there ever was an Achilles that he probably did rape Polyxena but we are not talking about historical accuracy here.  We are talking about the idealization of Achilles which was passed down from antiquity.

Just as a side note (I don't know when I'll have the time to answer J0ker in detail), I was referring not to Polyxena but to episode about Briseis and Chryseis.

[Basically, en route to Troy, Achilles' forces kidnap a princess (Briseis) and kill her family, and naturally the point is that Achilles gets to, um, use her as his concubine (but of course it is depicted as romantic...).  Later, his bro Agamemnon gets to do the same thing with Chryseis the daughter of Chryses, but Chryses is a powerful priest who calls the wrath of Apollo down on the Greeks (Apollo is on the Greek's side, but he's even more on his priest's side) and causes a plague that disables the fleet.  Agamemnon is forced to return Chryseis to her father, but then decides that he's going to "have" Briseis. This makes Achilles mucho angry, and he goes into a multi-year snit. Briseis is eventually returned to Achilles, whom she prefers because of Stockholm Syndrome, and to whom she denies ever having been raped by Agamemnon... And so on and so dawn-of-patriarchy forth.]

9 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Just as a side note (I don't know when I'll have the time to answer J0ker in detail), I was referring not to Polyxena but to episode about Briseis and Chryseis.

[Basically, en route to Troy, Achilles' forces kidnap a princess (Briseis) and kill her family, and naturally the point is that Achilles gets to, um, use her as his concubine (but of course it is depicted as romantic...).  Later, his bro Agamemnon gets to do the same thing with Chryseis the daughter of Chryses, but Chryses is a powerful priest who calls the wrath of Apollo down on the Greeks (Apollo is on the Greek's side, but he's even more on his priest's side) and causes a plague that disables the fleet.  Agamemnon is forced to return Chryseis to her father, but then decides that he's going to "have" Briseis. This makes Achilles mucho angry, and he goes into a multi-year snit. Briseis is eventually returned to Achilles, whom she prefers because of Stockholm Syndrome, and to whom she denies ever having been raped by Agamemnon... And so on and so dawn-of-patriarchy forth.]

You do realise that Greek Mythology is that... myth!

Otherwise it would be called Greek Factology!

21 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You do realise that Greek Mythology is that... myth!

Otherwise it would be called Greek Factology!

Yes but J0ker and I are arguing about deep cultural archetypes, and myths are central to that.

Oh, and there probably was a Trojan war and even some of the people in the Iliad were probably real but of course YMMV on the supernatural bits.

Looks like Gillette sales are down while P&G sales are up overall.  Could this be related?  #FragileFeminism

The original article may not be available in Barron's without a subscription but a Tim Pool video shows it in its entirety.

An update for people who read data and not op-eds.

Procter & Gamble Co reported a decline in its third-quarter operating margin on Tuesday and said a strong U.S. dollar hurt sales of its grooming products, sending shares of the maker of Tide and Gillette products down as much as 3.3% in morning trading.

Soaring commodity and transportation costs have eroded margins across the consumer goods industry over the past year. P&G said its core operating margin declined by 60 basis points to 19.9%, and was hurt by foreign exchange fluctuations.

This was considerably below the estimates of some analysts. Bernstein analyst Ali Dibadj, for example, forecast an operating margin of 20.9%.

The world’s no.1 maker of personal care goods, which gets more than half its sales from outside North America, has tried to offset the higher costs by upgrading several products and then raising their prices.

Indeed, price hikes on P&G’s skincare and detergent lines, which include Tide, Olay and SK-II, helped the Cincinatti-based company beat revenue and profit estimates.

“We’re pricing to recover the costs not to recover the margin, and so we typically see margin compression,” Chief Financial Officer Jon Moeller said on a call to discuss earnings. Moeller said he expected P&G’s operating margin to grow again “going forward.”