Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Frankfurt restaurant recommendations

21 posts in this topic

Hiya all,

One of my new colleagues has just asked me if I can recommend somewhere (Deutsche Küche) where we can take 30-40 people coming over for a meeting at the end of a month.

I am trying to think of somewhere that can cater for those sort of numbers I was thinking of Wagners in Sachsenhausen. Does anyone else have any other suggestions.

It doesn't have to be too classy they are only head nurses and architects and obviously price is not that much of an issue either. Like I said though we would like somewhere typically German.

Has anyone got any tips?

Only head nurses and architects... something cheap and cheerful then.

You can book McDs or part thereof for a McParty (not that I ever have). Each person attending gets a Happy Meal with a party hat. And bonus appearance of Ronald McD...

If its 30 or 40 people and they want to eat Deutsche Küche, and not spend too much money, then your options would be limited to the Sachsenhausen Apfelwein type places. They have plenty of room inside, trestle tables and the like. Some of them have rooms that you can book for large groups. and the food isnt actually necessarily all that bad. OK plenty of schweine, haxe, knochen this and that, but you can also get salads and other more civilised stuff, with or without meat, or sometimes fish.

I was going to suggest 'Wäldches' in Ginnheim, but was sad to see from their website that they had to move from their traditional home there and have been unable to get set up in their new location. :(

However,...

I can recommend Zum Storch by the Dom. Our old department had a couple of fantastic St. Martins-Gans meals there, and by the look of it, they can also cater for larger parties. Lovely restaurant, great food, good service, and traditional Frankfurt setting.

Or you could try McDonald's... :wacko:

Edit: Ooh, I just noticed that they do my favourite German dish -- Flying Duck Tits ("Flugentenbrust" ^_^)

That reminds me. There`s a really nice cafe-bistro-pub type place next to the Frankfurter Dom. I think its called Cafe Metropol. They have masses of space and take reservations for groups. They also have an outside beer garden, tho its starting to get a little cold for that. And excellent food and drink, and reasonable prices. Its not traditional german cuisine for the most part, more bistro type stuff. But if they`re coming over from the UK they are less likely to tell the difference anyway. Its all "german" to them!

Could try the Graf Zeppelin in Bad Homburg. You can get your Schnitzels there, plus it's a brewery so always a chance of a good piss-up!

Yes I also thought of the Brauhaus as that is just opposite our office but we would rather go to Frankfurt as that is where we will be that day.

Thanks for the suggestions those of you who gave sensible ones. Reggie how big is it inside Zum Storch as that sounds like it could be nice!

It doesn't matter how much it costs as the company is paying!

Thanks for all the tips

I was going to suggest 'Wäldches' in Ginnheim, but was sad to see from their website that they had to move from their traditional home there and have been unable to get set up in their new location.

I was thinking of that place as well but also found out they are no longer there :(

Reggie how big is it inside Zum Storch

It's difficult to say. When we went, we sat in a fairly small area near the bar but I got the impression that there was another room in the back. It might be best to ring up and ask, and if need be, pop round sometime and have a butcher's.

Hey, if the company's paying for it (we use):

Zum Gemalten Haus

Schweizer Strasse 67

60594 Frankfurt am Main

Telefon +49 (0)69 61 45 59

Telefax +49 (0)69 60 31 45 7

www.zumgemaltenhaus.de

or ...

Schreiber-Heyne Apfelweinwirtschaft

Mörfelder Landstrasse 11

60598 Frankfurt am Main

Tel.: 069 / 62 39 63

Fax: 069 / 219 369 66

www.schreiber-heyne.de

Try http://www.frankfurter-haus.de/

I have only been there for a sly bembel, but it was pretty good, despite being fairly touristy. It was back in the summer though, and we sat in the beer(apfelwein) garden which is a bonus of living in sub-tropical Germany. Obviously the garden is out of the question now, but I think inside was ok.

From what I remember, it looked like the kind of place that does groups (think a coach loads of grockles) but remains quite decent.

Or, if you really want to impress them with German culture and further to joolz' fine suggestion, try the Bembel of Doom and the Schnitzel of Death at this place in Hofheim...(see attachment if it works)!

May I suggest Schnitzel Haus in Rosbach. I have seen people from all over Taunus region frequenting the place.

Well this has put me in an awkard position, I need to go to Frankfurt tonight and bring a client out for dinner after collecting him off the plane, somewhere nice, Thai or Indian would be prefered to make the incosiderate bastard feel at home.

Have a nice weekend ! I know I won't ferrying around this prick with ears. :ph34r:

Can anyone say glorified chauffeur in German , eh ?

Curry wurst is sold everywhere and by your description, will match your quest. ;)

post-356-1130489826.jpgpost-356-1130489836.jpg

Probably the best Indian place in Frankfurt (I've lived in FFM twice, been here many times, always reliable).

I know a GREAT sushi/japanise restaurant if you are interested. it's in the ArabellaSheraton hotel and SOOOOOOOOOO good!

Sushimoto Restaurant

Tel.: +49-69-29 81 187

ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel

Konrad Adenauer Straße 7 Frankfurt 60313 Deutschland

Telefon (49)(69) 29810 Fax (49)(69) 2981810

No, just picking up my mail and no big return yet, it's only been 4 weeks - but TTM always can use another Gaylord y'know.