Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What would be a good title for David Cameron memoirs

123 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, hooperski said:

If you want to have a BBC type Question Time discussion, take it elsewhere.

23 hours ago, hooperski said:

There you go again! Power complex?

Baffled as to why you're so angry and are arguing over such a trivial thing, you need to get laid.

Hopefully they might charge by the inch, then you won't get charged too much.

On 13.1.2019, 19:00:17, hooperski said:
16 hours ago, hooperski said:

Baffled as to why you're so angry and are arguing over such a trivial thing, you need to get laid.

Hopefully they might charge by the inch, then you won't get charged too much.

Just don't like your bullying attitude to people who criticize you.

I promised Big Society and delivered Banks: Food banks and Aaron f@cking Banks.

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

Fuck you Jack...

Wow! So now you're showing your true colours. Not only a joker, but a real nasty piece of work.

1 hour ago, Acton said:

Wow! So now you're showing your true colours. Not only a joker, but a real nasty piece of work.

You got it wrong again and took that as a personal attack.

The post pertains to the saying "Fuck you Jack... I'm alright".

10 minutes ago, Acton said:

Not only a joker, but a real nasty piece of work

Perhaps that was Acton's suggestion for the title of Cameron's book? If so, I quite like it.

2 hours ago, hooperski said:

You got it wrong again and took that as a personal attack.

The post pertains to the saying "Fuck you Jack... I'm alright".

Maybe we should start calling you 'Teflon', as you want to take no responsibility for whatever you say here.

'Fuck you' is not an acceptable reply to anybody, whether it be Fred, Boyo, Jack, Sunshine or whatever.

Because you live in the UK (really?) don't assume that people in Germany are up to date with all the sayings.

It is a joke thread he started. 

Then you and j2 started an actual discussion, for which there are multiple threads, and he suggested, really very politely

On 13.1.2019, 17:17:10, hooperski said:

Maybe if you want to carry on your discussion, PM each other or take it to the Politics XYZ thread.

that you move the discussion to one of the politics threads, so as to leave this one for the jokers. Fair enough, one might say, but no,

On 13.1.2019, 18:51:29, Acton said:

Excuse me. But YOU started this thread. Since when have you taken over as a moderator here, God forbid!!!

which is where the lack of manners flew very directly in. In that short post, much rudeness is contained. There is no doubt as to where the aggression started. 

You are of course not required to join in with the humour, and if you feel that DC is being wrongly dragged through the mire, then good on you for sticking up for him, but being deliberately and personally rude to another poster is not a very effective way of making the point.

If you don't understand the vernacular, that isn't my fault or problem. It's an English-language community website.

Now please go and find someone else to annoy.

Welcome to Toytown Germany, an English-language community website for Germany. Over 1,500 English-speakers are currently active members. Read the introduction, view the members map, or jump right into the discussion forum.

4 hours ago, Acton said:

don't assume that people in Germany are up to date with all the sayings.

The saying, "I'm all right, Jack (eff you!)" is hardly one you'd have needed to keep up to date with to have known. I believe, going by the milder version my father explained to me when I was 5*, it was very commonly used by British forces in both world wars.

*He was explaining the original idea behind a new film title when we were at 'the pictures' one Saturday afternoon whilst on holiday. The main feature starred Ian Carmichael as a young (Conservative) graduate and newly hired intern in a factory and Peter Sellers as a very bolshy union shop steward whose house IC was lodged at.

PS habitually ranted to his 'brothers' about their being shafted by management sneaking priviliged young toffs into their best jobs instead of promoting from the shop floor. Then while alone in his office was heard to be hummming the theme of the 'Internationale' and mumbling 'the working class can kiss my ---- I've got the foreman's job at last' just before finding out his daughter and IC were secretly in love and engaged.

The audience in the 'bug hut' were in stitches throughout so I imagine most of them (at least those who had seen service) recognised the type of NCO Peter Sellars character would have been before being demobbed and entering civvy street.

It's a bit dated but, for those who can remember life in Britain in the late 1950s and early '60s it's still quite funny I'm All Right Jack (1959)

and (to get back on topic!) I nominate that as a good title for call-me-Dave's memoirs

2B

7 hours ago, kiplette said:

You are of course not required to join in with the humour, 

You are of course able to indicate that you find the content in bad taste / purile.

I tend to ignore misc. topics that have nothing to do with life in Germany, particularly of the "humor' category. They could be constructive, thoughtful and witty. They mainly aren't. The usual suspects could just chat amongst themseles elsewhere. 

Noone is obliged to add content to this forum in a manner prescribed by other users. Users are not moderators and ganging up on individual users  smacks of bullying.

I am personally disappointed to see you post.

If you read my post a bit more carefully, then all your concerns have been answered in it - who was the initial aggressor, how a bullying tone is not a good way to make a point etc. etc. I don't really get where you are going. Unless you think that first post with shouty capitals, exclamation marks, personal slight etc. was friendly, in which case I beg to differ.

10 hours ago, kiplette said:

It is a joke thread he started. 

Then you and j2 started an actual discussion, for which there are multiple threads, and he suggested, really very politely

that you move the discussion to one of the politics threads, so as to leave this one for the jokers.

Thank you Kippy for the praise. However...

Image result for monty python all getting silly

Wow, back to my earlier point regarding why some people don't like David Cameron...

If this is true then wow...