Getting married in Hamburg

7 posts in this topic

My girlfriend and I would like to get married. We are aware of the paper work needed already but we don't who to contact to get the process started to save time as we are already collecting the needed papers?  We are both not German.

What is the Standesamt and How to do that? Is the Standesamt the same office where I made my address registration when I first moved to Hamburg?

26 minutes ago, Ahmed Saleh said:

What is the Standesamt and How to do that? Is the Standesamt the same office where I made my address registration when I first moved to Hamburg?

There are a number of Standesämter in Hamburg. You would have to go to the one which is responsible for the Bezirk in which you live. It may, or may not, be co-located in the same building where you registered but it is a completely different department of the local administration.

Click on the last link for more info if you are not sure which one to go to. If you do know which one applies to your Bezirk then click on that one. There you should find links to download PDF application forms (Formular) and make appointments online (Termine).

2B

•  

6 hours ago, Ahmed Saleh said:

My girlfriend and I would like to get married. We are aware of the paper work needed already but we don't who to contact to get the process started to save time as we are already collecting the needed papers?  We are both not German.

6 hours ago, Ahmed Saleh said:

Is salaam alaikum, yaa aki

Get married here ...

https://europe.anglican.org/main/latest-news/post/1082-hamburg-church-appoints-ecumenical-leader-as-its-new-priest

Maa salaama

16 hours ago, Ahmed Saleh said:

Where you did your Anmeldung is the Bürgeramt. The Standesamt is the government office responsible for marriages certificates (and death and birth certificates). You cannot get legally married in Germany without their “approval”. Be ready to spend a good deal of money if you decide to get married here.

Many people go to Denmark because it’s cheaper and the marriage will still be recognized in Germany (by the Standesamt)