Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apostille of a German doctoral degreee certificate

2 posts in this topic

Hey!

I recently finished my doctoral studies at HU in Berlin. Now that I have to return to my home country, I have been asked to apostille my doctoral degree certificate. Any ideas how should I do this? I've read something about an office in Köln, but I don´t know if I should still see a notary in Berlin to certificate the signature and then go to the office in Köln. If so, does anybody knows a notary that speaks English or Spanish in Berlin? or could I do this with a notary in Köln and then go to this official office in this same city?  Also I've been asked to apostille my transcripts (i.e, the certificate of the classes I took and the credits I received for such classes). These are signed by the coordinator of my graduate school. For this last one I have no idea if I could even apostille such certificate, but it is required by my country's goverment to be able to apply for certain jobs. I would appreciate any help, as I am short in time because my visa is expiring soon (and so is my money). 

As always, thanks!