Clubs for 12 year old boy

6 posts in this topic

My son is not very sporty and would like to meet up with other kids his age. Ideally he would like to join an English or US scout troupe, but there are none in central Munich or the south east.

Does anyone know of a computer club, drama , youth club that run on Saturday or Sunday in central Munich or towards the south east?

No idea what is available in Munuch, but would he maybe be interested in the German Scouts?

VCP (vcp.de)

DPSG (dpsg.de)

BdP (pfadfinden.de)

Or maybe Bavaria has more Catholic youth groups (KJG, Kolping)

thanks for the reply Maxie, he has tried DPSG and BdP and found that most of the kids who go there all goto the same school, which he doesn't attend, and it was very hard for him to integrate :-(

What are his interests?  Many "sport" Veriens  have non sporty activities - music, chess, nature related things. Maybe check the websites of local clubs. (In one town we lived it was called the Kraft Sport Verien i.e. wrestling had great music  and ballet classes our kids enjoyed within walking distance of our house.

Also, VHS (community colleges) also often have a "youth" component like art or theater.

Perhaps the people at the local town office (Burgerbüro) could help if you went with a list of his/your  ideas translated into German.

Good luck! etd

Musikschule? Ideally an instrument he can then play in a big band or an orchestra.

Choir?

Are there any AGs in his school? My niece's has an English theatre Group, for example.

1 hour ago, iwindows said:

thanks for the reply Maxie, he has tried DPSG and BdP and found that most of the kids who go there all goto the same school, which he doesn't attend, and it was very hard for him to integrate :-(

Yeah, it depends on the location - some Sippen/Stämme are cliquey. Mine wasn't but some of the VCP groups we met were.

The main question - as easytodraw wrote - is what he would love to do or try out and then take it from there. Maybe there is a holiday camp where he can try out a number of different things (I have seen sports camps, circus camps, arts & crafts camps and theatre camps) to see what he likes.