Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reputable online Lottery ticket purchases

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Occasionally I play the lottery here in Munich. I usually buy a ticket in a shop, then forget about it half the time (I do end up checking them at some point though...). Anyway, I would like to buy tickets online and thus if I hit the jackpot, I will be notified via email.

There seems to be numerous websites where one can buy tickets. Does anyone know of the "main" website or at least reputable websites where one can buy tickets? The one site wanted my IBAN number - I would rather just pay via Paypal or my visa card. 

Another site offers lottery tickets for other countries. For example the UK lottery states you must be in the UK when you buy the ticket - so buying online from another country is illegal. This makes me doubt these sites...

Anyway, any recommendations would be welcome. 

Have a nice weekend everyone.

David

I purchase mine in a shop, so I can't help you there, but can't you just play on lotto.de?  As they are the official lotto company in Germany.

You are right however to be weary of some websites.  You also need to check the T&Cs carefully, somebody I know found out by chance that on one website he used it was technically a syndicate, so if he won the jackpot then it would be shared between everybody who played that week on this website!!

Thanks - I very rarely play the lotto, but it's good to know what the legal ones are.

What would you do with the money? Right now there are two lottos shown at 18 million each. 

I'd quit my job and find something similar to do but on my own schedule and selection of topics, like some self-paid visiting scholar sort of thing (I like my work in science - I just don't like all the demands on my time from others). I would buy an apartment in Vienna. Another one in London and/or Cambridge. Then on occasion I'd travel in a sort of rotation between Europe, USA, and South America just to avoid the winters and see family at the same time. I don't need too many fancy things... so boats and cars and all that I'd rather just rent when I fancy something. Oh yes and nannies for the kids. 

3 minutes ago, Camm said:

https://www.lottoland.com/en

Would be the biggest and most well known.

You can also play lotteries from other countries US, Australia, Sweden etc. Better odds than Germany's lotto

Germany has strict gambling laws. Online sites such as lottoland are illegal. I heard that some banks report it if they recognise illegal gambling participation from one  of their accounts. I would stay away from it and use one of the legal certified sites.

20 minutes ago, vronchen said:

Germany has strict gambling laws. Online sites such as lottoland are illegal. I heard that some banks report it if they recognise illegal gambling participation from one  of their accounts. I would stay away from it and use one of the legal certified sites.

I buy a ticket most weeks and also have won the occasional time. My bank hasn't reported me yet😂

Edit:

Good spotting, you are correct. A quick Google search confirms that late last year they were banned in Germany. Strange their site still operates though.

Gotta love the TT knowledge base😀