Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Switching banks--- any offers

13 posts in this topic

Yes, I offer a new account with the Bank of Jeffo. All deposits are self-insured up to the amount of 100000 eurocents and will be carefully invested in beer and döner futures.

I never really see banks as making me "offers" but maybe I should :unsure:.   I think the first question is: What will you mainly expect to need from them, and what do you value?   Perhaps look at the next 5-10 years and think what you will need them for.    The cheapest transaction fees or running costs?  Possibly a mortgage?  Deposits and savings?  Easy credit access?  Onhand personal service and advice through branches, ot the best online and remote solutions?  

The debit card from N26 often gets denied. It got denied at the US Embassy when I went down there to apply for my passport and also at the Ausländerbehörde when I went to renew my visa.

Thank goodness I still have my DB account 

On 12/30/2018, 12:34:33, colincostello said:

I am not happy with my present bank and so am looking to

switch. Are there any offers to tempt me? I am currently with ING DIBA

Out of curiosity, what issues do you have with ING? I have been using them for 4 years and I am quite satisfied and never had an issue with them. I even used them for my mortgage and car loan and my very few dealings with customer service have been straightforward and painless.

44 minutes ago, Brockman said:

I am quite satisfied

ditto!

17 hours ago, Santitas said:

The debit card from N26 often gets denied. It got denied at the US Embassy when I went down there to apply for my passport and also at the Ausländerbehörde when I went to renew my visa.

Thank goodness I still have my DB account 

I had the opposite experience. Was denied multiple times from DB (so was my Canadian friend living here). But was approved no problem from N26 and I am very pleased with them. Have had zero issues in 9 months. Their debit card is great as it works everywhere since it has a Mastercard logo. I've taken money out in China, US, Japan, all over EU, no problems. Fees are much lower than a typical German bank and their app is great.

I have used the Commerzbank since I have been here (10 years) and never had any problems although I don't really do much except take money out. The only reason I decided on them was due to a branch being around the corner from where I live and the offer that dj_jay_smith mentioned although it was only €50 back then rather than the €100 now.

On 12/30/2018, 1:30:50, El Jeffo said:

Yes, I offer a new account with the Bank of Jeffo. All deposits are self-insured up to the amount of 100000 eurocents and will be carefully invested in beer and döner futures.

You've been taking in beer and döner "deposits" for over 50 years and just now you came up with the idea of opening a "bank".  By the way isn't your deposit capacity full already or are you in the market to acquire some more "real estate"?