Hamburg Vs Munich: House,Lifestyle,People...

7 posts in this topic

It was 7 years ago I moved in Munich but now the city smees to be changed: more and more people, service (if you are a commuter) which starts to be downsized (Public service full, frequent delays etc...)...and well...apartments: a real disaster!

Unless you earn a lot (more than 80/85.000 gross) forget to get a good apartment for reasonbable price: 55sqm will arrive to cost warm up to 1500/1600 euro per month which are too much!!! I was questioning myself if is it the right time to move and in the list of city I am considering both, Berlin and Hamburg. Berlin is nice but too much "young" oriented and by the way starts to be a bit expensive like Munich...I have never viseited Hamburg so it would be nice if you can share your opinion and experince about the city, the lifestyle, and the people (nice? cold and hard like bavarian? shikimiki???)

Grazie, thank zou Danke :)

10 hours ago, karmakoma said:

I have never viseited Hamburg

Then jump on a plane & visit Hamburg for a few days.  Maybe not in darkest Winter (where the nights are even longer than in Munich).

2 hours ago, HEM said:

Then jump on a plane & visit Hamburg for a few days.  Maybe not in darkest Winter (where the nights are even longer than in Munich).

actually I think darkest winter may be a better time to visit.  You'll see the place at it's "worst", which can be very helpful.  

On 12/29/2018, 9:44:13, karmakoma said:

It was 7 years ago I moved in Munich but now the city smees to be changed: more and more people, service (if you are a commuter) which starts to be downsized (Public service full, frequent delays etc...)...and well...apartments: a real disaster!

Unless you earn a lot (more than 80/85.000 gross) forget to get a good apartment for reasonbable price: 55sqm will arrive to cost warm up to 1500/1600 euro per month which are too much!!! I was questioning myself if is it the right time to move and in the list of city I am considering both, Berlin and Hamburg. Berlin is nice but too much "young" oriented and by the way starts to be a bit expensive like Munich...I have never viseited Hamburg so it would be nice if you can share your opinion and experince about the city, the lifestyle, and the people (nice? cold and hard like bavarian? shikimiki???)

Grazie, thank zou Danke :)

We had similar choices, work and live in Dusseldorf, Berlin or Hamburg.

It is always a personal choice, do you like a blue car or red?

In reverse order Dusseldorf, Berlin .....HAMBURG!!!!!!

Do NOT move to Dusseldorf without seeing Hamburg, it trumps both of them....

By the way your lifestye profile is ok, also it is VERY International here, lots of Italians here, a la prossima...  

I am trying to understand if it is feasible as well...for sure it seems less snow than Munich...and I hate snow :(

But what about family life? Safety? Again I use as a parameter, Munich :)

3 hours ago, karmakoma said:

I am trying to understand if it is feasible as well...for sure it seems less snow than Munich...and I hate snow :(

But what about family life? Safety? Again I use as a parameter, Munich :)

Sorry, I can't help with Munich.

As Hem suggested,look for yourself, rent a holiday apartment for a trip?. 

In bocca al lupo....