Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Business Card advice

11 posts in this topic

I need to have some business cards soon. What is the best way to print them? Is it by a firm such as Vista which will send them to me via post?

Or can I go to a local printing shop and get them done there? And should I use both sides or leave one side blank?

Thanks

Not sure of the application (your teaching / music / etc.) but here's my thoughts:

Just Google Vistaprint.de ... they are here and will deliver.  I'm sure a local print shop (for example for me a print shop ) can also print a custom design if you'd like but it will cost. There's got to be many in your area too.

No idea on using both sides - aside from when I worked with Japanese and Chinese companies, all info was on the front but it's been a while since I've been in that game ... maybe a nice business logo on the back would be appropriate but not sure the impact for the cost is justified.

I second the vistaprint suggestion.  I've used them several times...good price, quality and quick delivery.  Their online design function is very good.  You can use one of their many designs and layouts or upload your own images.  I've always used the front of the card to describe business service and the reverse for contact details. 

ETA....VP usually offer various discounts. Worth googling 'vistaprint Gutschein' for a code. And/or, register and don't order for a few days and you'll soon get an email offering you extra discount.

I also recommend Vistaprint.

However, they did manage to print on the matt side leaving the shiny side blank. I expected it the other way around. I expressed dissatisfaction and they gave me a full refund, no messing.

Forgot to mention...yes, vistaprint do send via post/courier. I've never paid extra for express delivery as standard delivery has always been very prompt.

I always used vistaprint.   Actually the last time their delivery was not prompt in a manner I was not too bothered about but when I got in touch to say "my delivery is not prompt, when is it coming", they immediately apologised gave me a substantial reduction on  the bill :D.

Yes, two-sided a pretty standard thing.    Another thing I got from vistaprint which is quite good and is a typical add-on offer as mentioned above is name and address labels.  Would recommend if you have a few Euro spare.   My life is now too short to keep writing those on the back of envelopes :D

@colincostello, you definitely can print on both sides, with mixed effects i.e. one side gloss and the other matt etc.  It might be overall more cost effective to print separate cards for each business i.e. Are potential music clients likely to be interested in business English or vice versa? Maybe more eye catching to use one side of each card type with a business description and the reverse for your contact information.  

Sometimes worth checking the prices on the UK website.  I've ordered from both the DE and .co.uk websites. No price difference for delivery at that time. You can use the same login for both...at least I could the last time I ordered.  

Here's an emailed offer I just received, 50% off everything.  Same for UK and DE...https://www.vistaprint.de/?couponAutoload=1&expiredCouponCode=VP1512&GP=01%2f09%2f2019+05%3a12%3a23&GPS=5281782021&GNF=0

Good luck.

With Vistaprint, there is no real discount... you usually get conned into 50% more for the same price...

Vistaprint is based in Belguim... so UK and DE orderes are dispatched from there... 

My business card is double sided with a photo and a slogan on the back and I've had a couple of people remark that it's nice and that one sided cards are "boring".