Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

does BVG fine affect blue card, permanent residence permit or Citizenship when paid on time ?

2 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm a non EU citizen living in Denmark. I'm currently in the process of moving to Berlin. I'm visiting Berlin during my vacation to prepare my documents to apply for blue card.
I have forgot to activate my ticket on BVG mobile app, and the controller told me that I have a fine because of that. I plan to pay the fine on time and will not bother appealing because it's a waste of time according to my online research. But now I'm worried and have some questions: 

1) I read that some people kept receiving notice about paying the fine even after paying. How to avoid that ? is it bette to go to "BVG Kundenzentrum" to avoid the issues when paying by bank transfer ? 

2) Will the fine be recorded on my history ?
3) Will the fine affect the decision regarding my blue card application ? 

4) Will the fine affect my application for permanent residence permit after 21 months of holding the blue card ? 
5) will the fine affect my application for citizenship after 6 years ? 
6) will the fine affect my Schufa ? 

Note that  by the time I got the fine I'm not German resident yet, I'm in the process of applying for blue card

I know that I may be paranoid here  but I want some assurance that this will not affect my life once I move to Germany 

Thank you for your help 

4 hours ago, Ala me said:

1) I read that some people kept receiving notice about paying the fine even after paying. How to avoid that ? is it bette to go to "BVG Kundenzentrum" to avoid the issues when paying by bank transfer ? 

2) Will the fine be recorded on my history ?
3) Will the fine affect the decision regarding my blue card application ? 

4) Will the fine affect my application for permanent residence permit after 21 months of holding the blue card ? 
5) will the fine affect my application for citizenship after 6 years ? 
6) will the fine affect my Schufa ? 

1) Possibly they screwed up their bank transfers by not putting the correct BVG account IBAN number or the actual fine file reference number on their payment transfers. Getting those details correct would be a good way to avoid such issues. If you can get to the BVG Kundenzentrum easily during their business hours then such issues are less likely to occur.

2) Your BVG history - yes. Your history in the Ausländerzentralregister - no.

3) No.

4) No.

5) No.

6) No.

Do not make a habit of 'forgetting' to comply with the BVG house rules.

They, and the Berlin courts, do take their AGBs (T&Cs) very seriously.

Cases which are prosecuted by them through the courts may indeed affect points 2 - 6 negatively.

Last time I checked persistent offenders against the BVG passenger carrying conditions made up an average of ~ 60% of the Berlin prison population between 2009 - 2014.

2B