Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I already apply for Winter-Semester now (in Dec/Jan)?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am here on a Studienbewerber visa looking to do a Masters in Wirtschaftsinformatik. I received my DSH-2 certificate on the 21st of December. I now want to apply for Masters programmes, but have noticed that many universities use Uni-Assist, which means that it will take 4 weeks to process my documents. Given that I might miss the deadline of the 15th of January that many universities have for the Summer Semester (Apr 2019), is it possible for me to already apply for Masters programmes that begin in the Winter Semester (Oct 2019) instead?

My Aufenthaltstitel expires on the 31st of May. Is it possible for me to extend it if I have proof that I have applied for a course in the Winter Semester and I am awaiting a response from the University?

On 26/12/2018, 15:32:01, StressBall said:

I am here on a Studienbewerber visa looking to do a Masters in Wirtschaftsinformatik.

This permit can be issued for a maximum of 9 months. When did you arrive in Germany? 

I received my DSH-2 certificate on the 21st of December. I now want to apply for Masters programmes, but have noticed that many universities use Uni-Assist, which means that it will take 4 weeks to process my documents. Given that I might miss the deadline of the 15th of January that many universities have for the Summer Semester (Apr 2019), is it possible for me to already apply for Masters programmes that begin in the Winter Semester (Oct 2019) instead?

You received your DSH on December 21, 2018, it is now the 3rd of January, 2019, what have you done in the past two weeks and why can't you apply before January 15th? 

My Aufenthaltstitel expires on the 31st of May. Is it possible for me to extend it if I have proof that I have applied for a course in the Winter Semester and I am awaiting a response from the University?

It'll be at the discretion of the ABH, however, considering you've had more than enough time to apply for the summer semester, don't pin all your hopes on it.

It is better to stop dawdling and send in your application ASAP.