Registration

8 posts in this topic

There is one registration office in each district.

When I move to new district, should I must go to the registration office in the new district? The office in my current district is actually closer to even my new location.

You have posted your topic in the Baden-Württemberg sub-forum but your profile location shows that you're in Bonn (NRW).

For other TTers to be able to help you wrt local administrative practices it is important to be able to know where you are located. 

If you have moved from Bonn please go to your TT profile settings and correct your location.

If you still located in Bonn click on the 'EDit this topic' button at the top next to the 'Reply to this topic' button and move your topic to the Nordrhein-Westphalia sub-forum via the scroll down menu.

In many cities you can go to the nearest Bürgerburo albeit, AFAIK, in Berlin, Hamburg and maybe some other cities you have to go to the Bezirksmeldeamt which is responsible for your PLZ.

You can easily find out such info yourself by putting "your city+PLZ+ummeldung" into www.google.DE  

2B

As much as I agree with rhe above...

I beleive that you simply need to go to the Local rathaus at your new place of residence and Register yourself there.. the new registration usually automatically informs the old "Amt" and you will be de-registered...

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

As much as I agree with rhe above...

I beleive that you simply need to go to the Local rathaus at your new place of residence and Register yourself there.. the new registration usually automatically informs the old "Amt" and you will be de-registered...

Thanks for your reply.

Last time, I went to Bürgeramt Mitte, and each district has one. I prefer to go to the one in old place, because it is even closer to my new place, and I know the location very well.

10 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Thanks for your reply.

Last time, I went to Bürgeramt Mitte, and each district has one. I prefer to go to the one in old place, because it is even closer to my new place, and I know the location very well.

Is it near the Laundromat??

In Baden-Württemberg, in those cities that have multiple Bürgerämter, it is required to use the one assigned to your city district.

On 30.12.2018, 11:16:58, kato said:

In Baden-Württemberg, in those cities that have multiple Bürgerämter, it is required to use the one assigned to your city district.

I can only speak for Stuttgart, but here you can go to any Bürgerbüro that is convenient - which may not necessarily be the one assigned to the district you reside in. The only exception I am aware of if applying for a (German) second passport, then there is one specific Bürgerbüro you have to go to.

11 hours ago, the.frollein said:

I can only speak for Stuttgart, but here you can go to any Bürgerbüro that is convenient - which may not necessarily be the one assigned to the district you reside in. The only exception I am aware of if applying for a (German) second passport, then there is one specific Bürgerbüro you have to go to.

I am in Baden-Württemberg. Same here. I went to the Bürgerbüro in my previous district, and they told me I can do registration there for my new address in the current district. So I did it conveniently.