Access Netflix TV shows and Movies

16 posts in this topic

I just moved to Berlin on a student visa. After university and job, I want to relax and chill. especially on weekends but I can not access my favorite content here. I don't know why they have blocked content based on your country. :(

Is there a way I can access Netflix USA library from here? 
P.S I have googled this query but there is a cluster of VPN and proxies. All of them are selling their stuff but I want to know if there is a legit and safe way/ tried and tested way. 

There is no legit way.   Any way you use will break their TOS.   

Some VPN work, some are blocked by Netflix.  Some Smartdns work only in some platforms, mostly only in the browser.

Netflix has been working hard in enforcing their geo-blocking in the past couple of years, so it is not as easy as it used to be.

20 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Here you go..

ttt.png

I searched this forum but couldn't find a single topic on unblocking Netflix. :(

21 minutes ago, Krieg said:

There is no legit way.   Any way you use will break their TOS.   

Some VPN work, some are blocked by Netflix.  Some Smartdns work only in some platforms, mostly only in the browser.

Netflix has been working hard in enforcing their geo-blocking in the past couple of years, so it is not as easy as it used to be.

Thank you for the reply. 
Have you tried unlocking it with a VPN? I am finding it hard to choose a VPN. A facebook friend from India recommended me to buy a Netflix VPN which works all the time, but I am scared as I am not in India and can get caught by the German government. 

1 minute ago, JNehru said:

Thank you for the reply. 
Have you tried unlocking it with a VPN? I am finding it hard to choose a VPN. A facebook friend from India recommended me to buy a Netflix VPN which works all the time, but I am scared as I am not in India and can get caught by the German government. 

VPNs are not illegal.    Find anyone not blocked by Netflix and try.  It does not matter if the VPN is located in India or Ukraine, the whole point is to pretend you are somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

VPNs are not illegal.    Find anyone not blocked by Netflix and try.  It does not matter if the VPN is located in India or Ukraine, the whole point is to pretend you are somewhere else.

Thank you, wish me luck. :)
I hope I do not end up in jail.

11 minutes ago, Krieg said:

This was easy

:huh:

6 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Thank you, wish me luck. :)
I hope I do not end up in jail.

Netflix periodically collects the IP addresses of the servers of various VPN companies and blocks them.   Eventually you will tune in one day and it won't work.  An option is to purchase a unique IP address from the VPN company, which will likely never be blocked.  If it is for some reason, they will issue you a new one.

Buying and IP address won't help because Netflix blocks whole ranges.   The best you can do is buying from a small provider, and even if they get block some will go and get some new ranges that are not blocked.

It depends on how much money and effort you want

ExpressVPN, is one of the more expensive VPN's, but I have heard good things about it, in terms of it always working.

Buying your own IP address in the USA from a VPN  company, costs more, but it normally offers problem free operation.

Renting your own server in the USA and setting it up with OpenVPN ( for example ), costs even more than the above, but you will probably never have a problem with NETFLIX, as you will appear to NETFLIX as a regular punter in the USA.

I can endorse the good reports about ExpressVPN.  I have no experience with NETFLIX, but I use the BBC occasionally.   From time to time the BBC catches up with the IP address I am using and blocks access  When happens I merely need to select another server/ location/IP address from those offered by ExpressVPN.  The ExpressVPN help desk has always been able to point me at a server/location/IP address that works.  

I also have ExpressVpn for downloading certain things in Germany...such as American reality tv shows lol. However, when I switch it to the USA as my location while here in Germany, Hulu and Comcast know and won't let me use it. I tried with Netflix a few months ago and it also blocked me. But the Germany Netflix has almost all the same stuff and some stuff here that isn't available in USA. The worst is you can't watch American Office, but here there is more Big Bang. Similar with Amazon Prime, here I can watch things like Seinfeld...

I mean, I think these companies are getting quite intelligent to know that the traffic is being rerouted, which is why they block it. However, for illegal downloading torrents, Expressvpn is amaze.