Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do I need a translated residence permit for travel?

3 posts in this topic

Good day,

I have spent the morning looking through TT, hoping this topic has been handled before and found nothing related to my question.

I am planning on visiting South Africa next year for two weeks. My aufenthaltstitel will be valid until 2021 so that is not a problem.

My question is which documentation do I need to carry with me and do I need to translate it? Or will other countries accept my residence permit card without question?

I guess I am just scared they don't let me leave South Africa :D That would be a nightmare!

Any experience with regards to traveling back to birth countries would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

17 hours ago, SpongeOver said:

My question is which documentation do I need to carry with me and do I need to translate it?

You just need passport and your residence permit (either as a sticker in your passport or the eAT card).

17 hours ago, SpongeOver said:

Or will other countries accept my residence permit card without question?

The information is readily available to foreign officials, however, I do know someone who was asked a lot of questions in Zimbabwe because he still had an old sticker in his passport and not the new card.

10 minutes ago, engelchen said:

You just need passport and your residence permit (either as a sticker in your passport or the eAT card).

Thank you! :)
I guess I'm just nervous cause they have pre-check-in security at O.R. Tambo and I have this fear that I'll be stuck in South Africa again. :D