Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buying used furniture - How to deliver?

12 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I need to buy a wardrobe. When I checked ebay kleinanzeigen, I was surprised that the prices of good used wardrobes are much much cheaper than the new ones. It makes much sense to buy one off ebay.

The problem however is with the pick-up. Do you know how can I hire someone to help me with picking up the wardrobe and assembling it? 

Cheers!

I gave away an ikea schrank a while back, and the guy who took it just used a van-taxi to pick it up (of course it came apart into pieces).

you're on your own with assembly :)

If you hire somebody then I would guess that what you would have to pay would soon wipe out the savings for buying second hand.  So it is best to try and get a friend to help you, and offer then a crate of beer, lunch/dinner or something for helping.  Ideally your friend should come with a van!

You can hire a van to pick up.  Some places will rent by the hour.

Or you could look for "man with van" adverts, and see if they might help you with at least loading/unloading for an extra 20 Euros or something.

Do you know how can I hire a van or a van-taxi? Or maybe where to look for "man with van" adverts?

1 hour ago, Deezz said:

Do you know how can I hire a van or a van-taxi? Or maybe where to look for "man with van" adverts?

call a taxi service and ask for a van. 

You may or may not want to tell them you'll need extra waiting time in the middle of your trip while you load a few things into the van...could be risky as they might say "no" based on that, but probably better than getting to the pickup location and having them bail on you.

3 hours ago, Deezz said:

Where?

It is difficult to answer such questions when your nationality is "Somewhere on planet earth " and your Location is "----".

22 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

call a taxi service and ask for a van. 

You may or may not want to tell them you'll need extra waiting time in the middle of your trip while you load a few things into the van...could be risky as they might say "no" based on that, but probably better than getting to the pickup location and having them bail on you.

A normal Taxi van most probably won't take a wardrobe.

23 minutes ago, Krieg said:

A normal Taxi van most probably won't take a wardrobe.

except when they do.  See my original comment above.

If the seller is local, you could ask them if they could deliver it for an extra payment:

We are selling an exercise bike at the moment but it doesn't fit in the buyer's car - we said we can deliver it for an extra 10€ and the buyer agreed.

You can Also check eBay Kleinanzeigen use terms like „Umzug“ on the search bar 

a list of People with their small or middle sued truck will appear and you can choose any vendor 

Putting *Lasttaxi+PLZ+City into www.google.DE will usually generate a large number of results for local firms who operate small and medium sized taximetered vans with drivers. *(Last = load)

Their websites may list the average cost of most common local routes and/or have a calculator. They usually can provide add-on services such as helpers, flat pack furniture assembly, etc. for time rates.

Their standard terms are normally kerbside to kerbside so any additional carrying to or from or within a dwelling must be booked when ordering. Their drivers are usually working under tight time constraints and not authorized to accept ad hoc extra work.

It is important to mention to dispatchers whether any deliveries beyond the kerb involve lifts or (number of flights or floors) stairs. 

2B