Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A rant about life in Frankfurt

163 posts in this topic

Beggars maybe, but junkies don't fall into a trap. They choose to take drugs. Or at least they chose to and then went and got addicted.

And the prize for Friday's most narrow-minded comment goes to ... LUKE! :lol:

Clap, clap … congratulations!

Sorry Luke, however, a high percentage of “junkies

with Luke on that .. it is their choice. Even if they have problems and become addicted to stuff, that is no reason to stay addicted.

And before I get flamed, I have recovered from alcoholism (long time ago) and nearly 3 years ago at last managed to give up smoking. May not be the most exotic of drugs (meaning not as cool or hip as cocaine or ecstacy), but still damn hard to get off.

Any one of them could give up .. IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO!!! Trouble is that the vast majority don't want to even try and give up ... scum describes them rather well.

I read somewhere that the shopkeepers of the Kaiserstrasse and neighbouring side streets were complaining that they get too little passing trade considering the vast numbers of commuters who pass by each day (on their way to and from the hills).

Reason being they said, is that most of the commuters walk through the district between station and office with the "Scheukappen" (horse blinkers) on!

And the prize for Friday's most narrow-minded comment goes to ... LUKE!
Well Luke...you will just have to share that prize with me then because I totally agree with you there.

People do not chose unfortunate circumstances, sometimes by the turn of fate, they are merely born into it.

What a load of B@ll@cks !!! You dont really believe that...or do you ???

People do not chose unfortunate circumstances
Oh yes they do... not all of them...but quite a few do...and that´s a fact which I can back up no problem.

sometimes by the turn of fate, they are merely born into it.

Fate has sometimes something to do with it but only because it was fate that put them in contact with drugs however it was by own choice that they took it.

Born into it ??? I dont think so...we are all masters of our own lives...nobody makes you take drugs...however a weak mind does constribiute to it.

scum describes them rather well.

Not nice!! Please send me your photo so I can label you ... :D

Cause ya know what, I AM PERFECT!!! :P

QUOTE People do not chose unfortunate circumstances, sometimes by the turn of fate, they are merely born into it.

Some of us are born princes and others are born as beggars???

Even if you are "born a begger" - which very few people in northern Europe are, maybe in eg India yes - then you might still have the drive to better yourself - "rags to riches""??

And also riches to rags.. also possible.

People do not chose unfortunate circumstances
Oh yes they do... not all of them...but quite a few do...and that´s a fact which I can back up no problem.

What a load of B@ll@cks !!! You dont really believe that...or do you ???

LMAO :D Each to their own, I might add!!

I have recovered from alcoholism (long time ago)

- @ maaph - I've seen what you drink now - I wish I could have seen what you drank when you were an alcoholic???

PS - congratulations for giving up the evil weed - it's a very difficult thing to do & again you have to really want to :rolleyes:

@willy

Grow up and wake up.

If you start to voice your opinion then I suggest that you are also be prepared to have people disagree with you.

LMAO

You do that quite a lot...must be a lot there to laugh off. ;)

@Vloid: now I just get rat-arsed in a controlled fashion :D

But it is the demonstration of the cure that I can go into a pub and drink without worries. Same as smoking cigars :$

and the dartplayers .. will you show me your double tops? :ph34r:

@willy

Grow up and wake up.

If you start to voice your opinion then I suggest that you are also be prepared to have people disagree with you.

I fully support ones opinion - this is what makes on-line conversation, just so, well intriguing!! Each to their own, so to speak!!

But Mickey, I do really appreciate and thank you for telling me to "grow up" though, such a mature comment indeed!

Life on the farm getting to you? :blink:

You do that quite a lot...must be a lot there to laugh off. 

I blame it on the crack! :ph34r:

Life on the Farm...well with a naive comment like yours it´s not me that lives on a farm.

Junkies are ain´t a laughing matter...unless you are somebody that isn´t educated enough to understand it. They dont just wreck their lives but also the lives of family members.

Maybe this is getting too close to home (my Farm) and I should really keep my mouth shut before I regret it.

Ha ha ... :D Forget about the junkies and those pesky beggers ... all we need is a little crack!! :P

On that note ...

Wow, I get swamped at work and dissapear for a few days and this is the madness I come back to.

I'm sure that Frankfurt is a lovely city, I have only spent a few hours there. I know that Vancouver is wonderful (I believe it was first in the list of most livable cities that came out a few days ago).

I also know that vast swathes of Vancouver (pretty much everything directly east of downtown) are basically a no go area because there are so many junkies. This is a shame. I got stuck in a youth hostel there once (the downtown one lost my reservation) and literally had to climb over the junkies to get through the door way.

Some cities have taken a particularly permissive attitude to drug use (as well as other 'petty' crimes like graffiti and dog shit on the sidewalk). Berlin certainly has. I don't what can be done to stop junkies (I suspect nothing), but I think it is sad when society gives up and cedes part of their cities away. On the other hand, a few years back the police chief in Vancouver noted that every time a major drug bust was made every convienience store in town got robbed because of the effect on the street price. Maybe you can't win.

Addicts have made a lifestyle choice. That choice may have been influenced by all sorts of unfortunate factors, but the fact remains that nobody forced them to stick a needle in their arm. I believe they have a right to make that choice, but it is the rest of society that suffers the consequences. I don't know what the police can do, but I would at least like to see them limit the effects on the rest of society that has to bear the costs of these people's choice.