Anger over pork sausages at Germany Islam event

197 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2018, 8:44:00, yesterday said:
5 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Yes? What happened?

I'm impressed! Can you explain what in their BDU indicates they are airforce?

sure, the marines are either a tan or a green digital camo. The Army now has multicam but was using a similar style to this but more of a square digital pattern. The airforce has this style which is similar to the old vietnam tigerstripe but digital. 

Plus they are careying M16a2 rifles with iron sights which the marines have but generally use the a4 with a rail system and either iron sights or an acog scope. The airforce needs to carry a weapon but since most arnt going to fight they are given the old m16s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airman_Battle_Uniform

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

Islam actually discourages to preach to nonbelievers.   That's why you almost never see Muslims knocking at your door trying to convert you.

I'm sorry but that is untrue.

5448041985_87f5e1f60d_z.jpg

My Indian colleagues once asked me if I'd like to join them in prayer. That building to the right in the back is my old office block. My old office used to overlook Aramco (often clocked the girls walking in shorts below!). At the correct time, over the tannoy, there'd be "Allah Akbar" and everyone would come out of their offices and walk to this mosque, having first washed themselves in the toilets first. I was lucky to work around Westernised Saudis who would wish me "Happy Christmas" while I would bid them "Ramadan Kareem". I can't say the same for the crazy English Language Centre teachers...

Actually, Krieg, are you Muslim?

2 hours ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Also, from a historical perspective islam has undeniably "persuaded" conquered lands to become muslim (Bosnia for example).

That was the Saudis who built mosques in Bosnia.

29 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

That was the Saudis who built mosques in Bosnia.

In Germany we have the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community with plans to complete their 100 Mosques Plan with pretty much 50% already built.

100 Mosques Planned

I doubt that they are not the only people in their community making applications to build Mosques.

Correct, Jeremy, and the Bosnian Muslims complained about the fact the Saudis only built mosques and didn't give aid money for desperately needed everyday Things because the Saudis only wanted to spread Wahabiism. Their mosques would of course come with Wahabiist imams and religious literature. 

While certainly not every Muslim tries to convert non-Muslims to Islam, it is certainly not prohibited and many Muslims will expend great efforts to do it. Every US servicemember I've talked to who served in the first Gulf War told me that the Saudis always tried to get them to convert to Islam, to give one example.  

55 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

In Germany we have the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community with plans to complete their 100 Mosques Plan with pretty much 50% already built.

Two things you must say to any Muslim claiming a right to build a mosque here:

1. Which branch of the faith are you supporting - Sunni or Shia? we all know the 1400 year split in that faith. I used to be friends with a Shia - fantastically interesting sub branch. (Used to disappear at Ashura a week a year to whip their backs).

2. You can gave a mosque when we can have churches in Arabia. Very few know that there were in fact churches in Arabia, indeed there was a bishop of Tarut Island in the East until the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan) paid the flock a visit.

2 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

100 Mosques Planned

I doubt that they are not the only people in their community making applications to build Mosques.

Seems like they are the good guys? Wasn´t that kind Glaswegian shopkeeper one of them? Murdered a year or two ago by some arsehole with less liberal views?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/asad-shah-murder-tanveer-ahmed-audio-messages-videos-calls-beheading-ahmadis-prison-scotland-a7323701.html

Or maybe I´m just wrong...

On 11.12.2018, 17:47:30, zwiebelfisch said:

But is it reasonable to serve alcohol when a Salvation Army band is playing?  

About 20 years ago back in the UK we asked for support from the local Sally Army with a carol singing event, which involved a bit of Glühwein in someone's garage. Well, none of us thought to mention the alcohol issue, they assumed it was not an alcoholic concoction, we assumed they had gone for the 'driver's alternative' and in actual fact they had consumed copious quantities of mulled wine with a generous schuss. 

They loved it.

No-one, myself included, was brave enough to tell them. Hopefully they will never find out. :ph34r:

Should or could "jihad" be translated as "effort"? Would any of our Arabic-speaking friends care to confirm or correct that? They seem to have gone into hiding since my last post.

(The concept of struggle kind of reminds me of Adolf's book.)

I am truly perplexed that so many of my mates are against mosques being built. I think it should be the goal of everyone to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs.

In an effort to promote tolerance all Mosques should be allowed to be built.

I would propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosques thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs which would be gay, 'The Turban Cowboy,' and the other, a topless bar would be called 'You Mecca Me Hot.' 

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant called, 'Iraq of Ribs.'

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called 'Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret,' with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, 'Koranal  Knowledge,' its name in flashing neon lights and on the other side a liquor store called 'Morehammered.'

All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us. Yes we should promote tolerance and you can do your part.

If you are not laughing or smiling at this point, it is either past your bedtime, or it's midnight at the oasis and time to put your camel to bed!

3 minutes ago, Bobo der Bär said:

'Morehammered.'

Oh, oh... I can feel a fatwa coming on.

30 minutes ago, Bobo der Bär said:

I am truly perplexed that so many of my mates are against mosques being built. I think it should be the goal of everyone to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs.

In an effort to promote tolerance all Mosques should be allowed to be built.

I would propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosques thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs which would be gay, 'The Turban Cowboy,' and the other, a topless bar would be called 'You Mecca Me Hot.' 

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant called, 'Iraq of Ribs.'

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called 'Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret,' with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, 'Koranal  Knowledge,' its name in flashing neon lights and on the other side a liquor store called 'Morehammered.'

All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us. Yes we should promote tolerance and you can do your part.

If you are not laughing or smiling at this point, it is either past your bedtime, or it's midnight at the oasis and time to put your camel to bed!

Post of the year!

On 10/12/2018, 08:44:00, yesterday said:

Are you talking about these fat marines ?

fat_marines.JPG.225f3706e02b0199aeafeac7

https://www.rt.com/usa/436525-marine-corps-obesity-diet/

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but this is a file photo. The Army/Forces also have truck drivers, tank mechanics, accountants, nurses, logistics clerks, etc. Not everyone needs to go paleo-keto to drone-strike busloads of Yemeni children. We don't know who is in the photo. It's not clear that any of these are marines (shoulder insignia?), NOR overweight. They're wearing cold gear and bulky one-size-fits-all jackets. It's clearly a Thanksgiving set-up. Believe it or not, soldiers also like seasonal comfort food. 

22 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

100 Mosques Planned

They are a specifically proselytising sect. Their founder is supposed to be the promised Mahdi (returned prophet/messiah). Most other Muslims consider them heretics. Similar to the Ismalis. My neighbours growing up were of Indian-extraction who had fled Uganda in the 1970s, and were Ismaeli... Years later I had a summer job at a factory, where in the lost beside us was an Ismaeli centre (they don't quite call it a mosque). I can remember some of my Muslim co-workers made it pretty clear that they were not real Muslims, and two guys in particular would make animal sounds whenever they passed by it.

3 minutes ago, alderhill said:

They are a specifically proselytising sect. Their founder is supposed to be the promised Mahdi (returned prophet/messiah). Most other Muslims consider them heretics. Similar to the Ismalis.

Mahdi? that rings a bell. They were the ones who took over mecca in 79. The Saudis flooded them in a tunnel and put electric cables on the water.

On 10/12/2018, 17:06:30, zwiebelfisch said:

Thats alarmingly close to the theory that David Ickes "Alien Lizards" is actually a cover story for the jewish conspiracy.

Especially given that the Klingons were modelled off the Soviet Union, with broad hints at politically representing Communist China at the time in '66.

The "reasoning" for the Arab connection (other than pure conjecture based off of who espouses it, namely certain - mostly American - religious groups) likely comes from a very European interpretation of the script of the first TOS episode with Klingons appearing, in which their looks were termed "Oriental". This of course referred to East Asians, not Arabs though.

17 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Mahdi? that rings a bell. They were the ones who took over mecca in 79. The Saudis flooded them in a tunnel and put electric cables on the water.

Thats one way of sorting out their problem...

Vive la République. The French special police shot the Strasbourg jihadist last night. Basically extra-judicial killing but I am not sorry. Except for his mother. She must wonder where she went wrong.