Anger over pork sausages at Germany Islam event

197 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bramble said:

So what? What's wrong with catering for everybody's preferences, muslims and non-muslims alike, as they clearly did? 

I already told you what is wrong.   You don't go to a Jewish Synagoge wearing a "The Holocaust Never Happened" t-shirt even if you live in a country were that t-shirt would be totally legal.   

Good thing bramble's here to WASPlain it for everyone or this could have become a really awkward Friday thread.

Just now, bramble said:

What a stupid comparison. They should get over the pork issue regardless of what Allah allegedly said aeons ago. 

Well, now you resort to insulting.  

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Well, now you resort to insulting.  

Do you feel insulted? 

12 minutes ago, bramble said:

What a stupid comparison. They should get over the pork issue regardless of what Allah allegedly said aeons ago. 

Fine, then it would be like serving pork sausage at a Jewish convention in Germany. Can you imagine what the international reaction to that would be?

istent that the point, some people take religion very  seriously and people should respect that.

if you do not, you belittle them and they do not like it

Yes, (one true) God forbid those devout Christians should be forced to go without their pork fix for hours at a time, or even be forced to eat (GASP) kosher or halal meat!

They might turn Jewish! Or even worse, Muslim!

The problem is, at least with kosher food, it has to be prepared in a kosher kitchen using kosher pots, etc. It must not co mingle or be served in the same area. The solution to that would be to have different tables with different foods coming from different kitchens. It's complicated. My second husband was Jewish but they weren't kosher. I did learn a lot about it, though.

I don't know much about halal any more.

As for the pork, carnivores will also eat beef, lamb, chicken, etc. Doesn't have to be pork.

Halal and kosher slaughtered animals is considered babaric to many people, as their throats are slit and the animal has to bleed until dead.