Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Niederlassungserlaubnis after Blue Card & Duration of stay abroad

7 posts in this topic

How long a holder of Niederlassungserlaubnis, which was obtained after having a Blue Card, can stay abroad without pre arrangements with the Ausländerbehörde? 

The allowed duration to stay outside Germany with a Blue Card is 12 months, whereas with a NE it is 6 months. I have seen section 51 of the relevant law but there is only information about Daueraufentaltstitel-EU after BC, which is 24 months, but no information about NE after BC.

Could somebody enlighten this point?

For NE is 90 days in one trip and in total 180 days a year without any pre-arrangement.   You can double that by informing the Aliens Office before your trip.

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

For NE is 90 days in one trip and in total 180 days a year without any pre-arrangement.   You can double that by informing the Aliens Office before your trip.

But that is the normal NE, received after 5 years of stay or so. I presume NE after Blue Card should be different, because BC holders can stay abroad already 12 months, so it doesn't make sense to reduce this period after switching to a higher level residence permit. 

And as i mentioned in my first post, DA-EU received after BC automatically doubles the allowed duration of stay from 12 months for BC to 24 months for DA-EU.

This regulation for NE after BC either does not exist or i can't find it. That's where i need information.

as I recall if you get a NE or DA-eu with a bluecard, your allowance is effectively doubled from non-bluecard holders (to 1 year for NE and 2 for DA-eu).

I don't have a link as I'm sure you can find one using google, but there most definitely is an advantage when you convert a blucard to a NE or DA-eu.  there was a discussion about that not so long ago - search.

5 hours ago, Krieg said:

There is no special "NE after BC" AFAIK.  Just NE.

What is written under "Anmerkungen" makes the difference.

38 minutes ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

Perhaps if you read very carefully through Section 6 (3) in combination with Sections 9a and 9b it may help you find some form of enlightenment.

Act on the Residence, Economic Activity and Integration of Foreigners in the Federal Territory (Residence Act)

2B

Thanks once again 2B. I believe Section 9a (1) together with Section 52 (9) 3. clarifies my confusion. So 24 months.

The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title. Section 9 (1), sentences 2 and 3 shall apply accordingly. In the absence of any provisions to the contrary in this Act, the EU long-term residence permit shall be equivalent to the permanent settlement permit.

the foreigner is resident for a period of twelve consecutive months outside of the area in which the legal status of a long-term resident can be acquired; the period shall be 24 consecutive months for a foreigner who previously held an EU Blue Card and for his dependants who previously held a temporary residence permit pursuant to Sections 30, 32, 33 or 36,