New TAE socket

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

First of all, I studied IT so I have SOME knowladge in this area.

I recently ordered DSL internet from 1&1 but I don´t have TAE socket.

So, I need help with wiring new TAE socket, because I don´t have one in my flat. I don´t have problem with TAE socket (As far as I know, I need to connect two wires to pins 1 and 2) but the problem is, how to then connect this cable to APL. Or should I just leave it for technician from 1&1 ?

Also I ordered the TAE socket and the cable, but I m not quite sure which cable is the best. I ordered normal ethernet cable with 8 wires.

This is the APL and it´s quite messy https://imgur.com/a/bcY8TvV

Thank You for your help.

Just make sure the technician has access to the APL and the end of the cable in your apartment. If there is no TAE he should install one himself. (Doesn't hurt to have a socket ready in case he currently doesn't have any in his car...). You are not supposed to work on the APL yourself, usually these are locked.

For cable: J-2Y(St)Y 2x2x0,6 is usually recommended, but CAT5 (or similar) is also ok.

Thank you very much for answer, I ordered TAE socket and I m going to prep it for the technician. I also ordered CAT7 cable, because there are more cables running down to cellar where APL is. 

I wouldnt bother preparing anything for the Techie... He is a Telekom trained Techie and as part of the training, they must learn never to say thank-you nor smile.. 

He will brobably connect his "Buzzer" to the desired colour pair of wires in the flat... Leg it downstairs to the APL.. then connect the pair of cables to the incoming line.

I wouldnt even mention your TAE socket, let him fit a Telekom aproved one... 

Yeah, I know they should do everything but they also charge for everything :D And I don´t mind doing it, so why not. 

But anyways thanks for info guys.

No they dont charge for anything...

The Telekom guys responsibillity is to bring the internet into your Dwelling at a point that is Predetermined by the existing house cabling.. 

Additional work such as un-packing and programming routers etc  is chargeable at 15€ plus MwSt for each 10minute increment...