Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it possible to apply for EU Blue Card if you are on ICT?

4 posts in this topic

I am a citizen of India and currently in Germany on ICT type of residence permit and it is valid till 2021 also tied with my present employer. However I have got a new job offer and I want to apply for an EU blue card.

1. Do I need to go back to India and start afresh? or can I start the process here?

2. Do I need to cancel my ICT first?

3. Is it even possible to convert ICT to Blue card? (Not converting, what I mean is start a blue card with a new employer and end ICT with my present employer).

I think none of the responses here will be a substitute for the binding advice from your local Ausländerbehörde. If you haven't already, I suggest you approach them directly or make an appointment if that is required in your city.

Having said that, I think option 3 should be possible if you meet all the criteria for the blue card based on what I read on http://www.eu-bluecard.com/intra-corporate-transferees-directive/

I doubt about changing job with ICT. When you are in ICT, you won't be paying any social contributions.

ICT is newly introduced in 2017 and Ausländerbehörde will be the correct place to answer the questions.

attached screen shot taken from below document (page.nr: 28)

https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/EN/Publikationen/EMN/Studien/wp67-emn-wechsel-aufenthaltstiteln-aufenthaltszwecken.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

screenshot.png

Just to let everyone know as there are too many views already on this post.

Yes it is possible to initiate processing for Blue card for your new employer if you are on ICT. Just submit each and every document the alien's office asks you to. It takes around 3-6 weeks for the whole process after you submit your documents.
All the best!