Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Set up an e-mail account for a senior citizen, Rissen

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all,

Is there a savvy computer person in or near Rissen who would set up an e-mail accout for a senior citizen with a tablet? He's been through a couple of very stressful years with various ops and therapy and rehab and crashed his laptop on the way. He was talked into a tablet but has not managed creating an e-mail account although he is online, - i.e. he can surf the internet - he also has a mail account he just can't join them up. If there is someone who would be willing to help or knows where he might get the necessary support nearby (because he is not very strong at the moment) please pm me.

Advance thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Well, places like Saturn have a Geek Squad he could call?  Or Google for a local Computer help. We had a great guy who lived nearby and had a small business, who came round and sorted problems. Charges vary, but  seem to be lots around.

Some local senior group, church?

I suggest you call Herr Johnsen who is the responsible manager of the Internet-Café Rissen run by the Seniorenarbeit section of the Arbeiter Samariter Bund in Hamburg. They run popular courses for oldies on coping with the world of PCs, the internet and all such themes so he would probably know someone who is locally available and competent to help your senior citizen out.

Will pm this message too since you requested that, but am posting this on the thread for the benefit of any other future readers seeking a similar answer.

2B

Thanks everyone for your input.

Charges are a problem in this case and getting to the EEZ from Rissen without a car is not easy especially if you are not up to full strength - but otherwise certainly pretty good suggestions.

My best bet seems to be the Internet Café so many thanks for that 2B, I will certainly follow it up.

Cheers and happy Advent to you all.