Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Extension of Aufenthaltstitel in Hannover

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My current Aufenthaltstitel (Paragraph 18) is valid until 31.12.2018. I requested an online appointment from Auslanderbehörde in Hannover and I received an E-mail stating that they will check my condition and send another E-mail with waiting number for the appointment. The appointment is in March 2019 and i didn't get the second E-mail.

My questions are:

1- Can i still work at my current company until March 2019?

2- What should i do so that i can fly outside/inside Germany without any problem at the passport check.

I checked online and it says that my Aufenthaltstitel is valid until Auslanderbehörde makes a decision according to Paragraph 81 at Immigration Act. Does anyone have similar experience before?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but I only registered here yesterday.

There is a new rule from Stadt Hannover regarding your situation. When I find it I hall post it here.

Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem actually. I went to Auslanderbehörde and got a document stating that I applied for extension of resident permit and my old permit is valid until the appointment.

In the meantime I went there again and asked for a document to travel. Although they were reluctant, they gave me a Fiktionsbescheinugung and i travelled without any problem. 

2 hours ago, thermofluid said:

Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem actually. I went to Auslanderbehörde and got a document stating that I applied for extension of resident permit and my old permit is valid until the appointment.

In the meantime I went there again and asked for a document to travel. Although they were reluctant, they gave me a Fiktionsbescheinugung and i travelled without any problem. 

When it said you applied for an extension, what was the exact process? You requested an online appointment then they gave you an appointment for March. What did they consider an “application for extension”? The application you personally submitted to them during your March 2019 appointment? 

On 28.3.2019, 11:12:50, thegreatdivide said:

When it said you applied for an extension, what was the exact process? You requested an online appointment then they gave you an appointment for March. What did they consider an “application for extension”? The application you personally submitted to them during your March 2019 appointment? 

My previous Aufenthaltstitel was valid until 31.12.2018. So I visited the website of Auslanderbehörde and got an appointment to make an extension. During the application, I have submitted the list of documents where it was also stated in the Website of Auslanderbehörde. Basically it is standard documents like insurance, meldebestätigung, job contract and so on. I personally submitted these documents to them during March 2019 appointment. Later they asked an additional document in April by email. I sent the document, and finally they sent a letter saying my card was ready to pick-up.

Long story short - your previous Aufenthaltstitel is valid even if your appointment exceeds the validity period. But you must get the appointment before it expires. Otherwise you might be in trouble :).

Hope this helps.