Beerhall for a school group

9 posts in this topic

I recently had a request from a pal who is a teacher, asking if I knew of any beerhalls where she can take her group of 16 and 17 year olds for their final dinner before going back to Holland.

They recently had dinner in the Augustiner Klosterwirt and assumed that since the teachers were the legal guardians, it would not be an issue for the students to try a beer.(Try - as opposed to having a monster session and getting ratted) The waiter explained that, yes, while they can legally get a beer, it was a house rule that no-one under 18 could drink, regardless of whether they were with a legal guardian or not.

Any suggestions?

Taff

19 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

call around?

I´ve sent out emails to several - awaiting replies. I just thought someone might have first hand experience of somewhere kids can get a beer as long as they were with an adult. It is not something I really considered, being the wrong side of 40 with a cat. He is 16 but never wants to drink beer

14 hours ago, Taffthedigger said:

They recently had dinner in the Augustiner Klosterwirt and assumed that since the teachers were the legal guardians, it would not be an issue for the students to try a beer.(Try - as opposed to having a monster session and getting ratted)

16 or 17 year old trying foreign beer? My guestimation is a pukeability of 10%-15%...

Does the bus driver (or whatever way of transportation is choosen) know about that? 

Who's gonna clean the mess up? Who's gonna pay for that?

What about the situation that the bus driver (or whatever way of transportation is choosen) refuses to transport "tipsy" kids? 

2 hours ago, franklan said:

16 or 17 year old trying foreign beer? My guestimation is a pukeability of 10%-15%...

Does the bus driver (or whatever way of transportation is choosen) know about that? 

Who's gonna clean the mess up? Who's gonna pay for that?

What about the situation that the bus driver (or whatever way of transportation is choosen) refuses to transport "tipsy" kids? 

Well these kids are from Amsterdam. You know Amsterdam?  I really don´t think that a beer is going to put them over the edge. As for transport: if they need to, they use the S-Bahn. I´ve seen plenty of people puke up - but never kids.  Not that the kids are going to be tipsy - as I said my initial post: the object is not to get shit faced - the teachers would hardly allow that anyway.They want to say they tried a Munich beer - it is after all a big part of the culture. Thank you for your concerns though, it really helps answer my question.

7 minutes ago, Taffthedigger said:

...  I really don´t think that a beer is going to put them over the edge...

Of course the standard size of a Munich beer is 1 litre!  

34 minutes ago, Taffthedigger said:

Well these kids are from Amsterdam. You know Amsterdam? 

Yes.

the teachers would hardly allow that anyway.

Yeah, right. Kids from Amsterdam have a spotless reputation of always obeying what the teachers say. After all, they're from Amsterdam.