30 posts in this topic

Who does the crimes, done in Niedesachsen's Oldenburg and elsewhere in Germany, a few of which are described elsewhere?  Some seem to be done by German police or correction officers or their supporters.

When some Oldenburg police officers told me that they needed more information before they could help me, at least some of them knew well that some police were the criminals.

About several weeks ago in an Oldenburg police building, I told Oldenburg police about, among other things, a car's color and license plate number.  I had clearly seen the car and written down its color and license plate number.  .  I don't want to write here the car's color.  Let's pretend that the cae is blue and I said to the police that it was blue.  A police employee said that the car was a different color.  He did not say how he knew the car's color.  I shall here pretend that he said that the car was yellow.  He was mistaken or lying.  If I assume that the police employee was mistaken (not lying), perhaps government records show that the car is yellow.  In any event,, I had clearly seen that the car was blue.  The demeanor and tone of voice of the police people there seemed to imply that I was wrong about the color.  I left the police building telling myself never to deal with Oldenburg police again, which I guess was their purpose in treating me as they did.

Later, perhaps a few weeks later, a police officer or two came to my home.  He or they just showed up.  I was home.  He (or they) sat with me and talked.  An officer told me that he had found the car.

Recall that, according to a police employee in the police building I had been in, the car with the plate I described did not have the color I described.  Thus, it should have been impossible for the officer in my home to have found the car I had described if one assumes that the police employee in the building was truthful.  I then concluded that the police in the police building had lied to me.

I asked the officer in my home to confirm that he had found the car and he confirmed.  I became wary of talking with German
police including those in my home then..  

The officer in my home wanted to know if I had hard facts, by which he seemed to mean accusations of crime that were specific enough for him to investigate.  I did and they were in writing, too.  However, I had lost all enthusiasm for dealing with German police.  I did not get my notes.  We spoke briefly and he left.  He did not give me his card, perhaps because he did not want me to contact him.

In my home, I spoke with one officer.  I vaguely guess-remember that there was another officer with him.  As far as I know, I had never spoken with the two officers before their visit to my home.

Somehow, the car's owner or driver seems to have discovred that I am the one who told police.  This raises a question of how he did so.  I don't know.  I guess that, in theory, there are at least three possibilities.  One:  police told him.  Two:  when I spoke with police in my home, my home was bugged.  The bugger told him.  There is a third possibility.  Because my suspicion about the owner-driver had been right, he had immediately guessed it was I when he discovered that someone had told police.  All three possibilities might be wrong.

This episode made me think about police.  If Oldenburg had ten percent more police, or even twice as many police,what difference would it make?  I am skeptical of the effect on the amount of serious crime.

10 hours ago, denkyo said:

I said to the police that it was blue.  A police employee said that the car was a different color.  He did not say how he knew the car's color.  I shall here pretend that he said that the car was yellow.  He was mistaken or lying.

If the records in the computer show a car to be red/blue/orange, then, for the person looking up the number plate in the computer, that is the colour it is.

You do realise that people (criminals), often change the number plates on cars in order not to be caught, don't you?!

The police also take notes when somebody comes into the cop shop to report something - this is perfectly normal, so you should not even wonder the police can find you and have a chat with you if the case so requires.

Not sure where you come from, but you sure seem paranoid!

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

If the records in the computer show a car to be red/blue/orange, then, for the person looking up the number plate in the computer, that is the colour it is.

The last Firmenwagen that I had (a VW Touran) officially had the colour "Titanium Beige Metallic" (a sort of light brown) but in the Kfz-Schein it stated "White".

When I quiried this with the VW agency in Munich (where our head office was & hence cars delivered from & registered there) they said "for a Beamte it is white".

I would not have classified it as white.

13 hours ago, denkyo said:

Somehow, the car's owner or driver seems to have discovred that I am the one who told police.  This raises a question of how he did so.  I don't know.  I guess that, in theory, there are at least three possibilities.  One:  police told him.  Two:  when I spoke with police in my home, my home was bugged.  The bugger told him.  There is a third possibility.  Because my suspicion about the owner-driver had been right, he had immediately guessed it was I when he discovered that someone had told police.  All three possibilities might be wrong.

This episode made me think about police.  If Oldenburg had ten percent more police, or even twice as many police,what difference would it make?  I am skeptical of the effect on the amount of serious crime.

Aware of the phrase 'face your accuser'?  One cannot make a report to the police about a suspected crime and then bury their head in the sand.  You reported a possible crime.  The suspect was found.  The suspect obtains legal representation who discovers your name as the person who made the initial report.  The judge or judges and defending lawyer have to question you as well.  There are times when one can make an anonymous tip to the police or be a registered source of information.  But to think your name should be unknown is not reality.

Your home is bugged?  FFS, stop watching so much telly!  It muddles your brain!

19 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

Choo choo! All aboard the crazy train ?

*ding ding ding*

5 hours ago, Petro6golf said:

Choo choo! All aboard the crazy train

Here you go ... 

13 hours ago, HEM said:

The last Firmenwagen that I had (a VW Touran) officially had the colour "Titanium Beige Metallic" (a sort of light brown) but in the Kfz-Schein it stated "White".

When I quiried this with the VW agency in Munich (where our head office was & hence cars delivered from & registered there) they said "for a Beamte it is white".

I would not have classified it as white.

I had an old Honda.  It was a light metallic green.  The KFZ schein said yellow.  It got TÜV every time without a mention.

I never could tell if my old car was green or blue.  It kinda... changed.

THEY did it, I tell you!!!

I am denkyo, the original poster.  I carefully read all of the responses to my post.  Many of the responders did not read carefully or imagined facts which did not occur.

For example, one of the posters writes about facing one's accuser.  That poster does not seem to know that there was no court case, court, judge, or trial.

For another example, some of the responders discuss,  sometimes,at length, that Germany's vehicle records sometimes are wrong about color.  I knew that.  In a police building, I said the color.  A police employee said a different color.  He was wrong.  It's conceivable that he merely meant that government records showed a different color.  If that's all he meant, why did he tell me?  Why would I have cared what government records show the car's color to be?  When I was in the police building,  I did not ask what color government records showed and I didn't care.  The police were very concerned about the color discrepancy.  Police told me in German and in English what they contended the car's color was, and they asked me if I was sure about what I had told them.  Anyone with common sense knows that a government record of a car's color might be wrong.  A few minutes after I said the car's  color, a police employee said the car's color.  What he said was wrong.  A few of you responders seem to think that he meant the color shown by government records.  If you're right, he spoke incorrectly.  I am not surprised that some government records are wrong.  It does not seem suspicious to me that a government record of that car's color was wrong.  If there was something suspicious, I do not know what it was and I guess that it has nothing to do with why I went to the police.

I carefully read each response, pondered them more than a day, again carefully read each response, then finally wrote this post.  I wanted to be sure that I correctly understood each idea, each sentence, everything that was in each response.  In general, I was appalled by the poor analysis which characterizes many of the responses.  Perhaps some of you quickly read what I wrote, or have problems with subtleties of the English language, and therefore did not fully understand.  It seems a tad wrong of you to tell me that I do not understand what happened, keeping in mind that   I was there and you weren't.  I observed their demeanor and tone of voice, and noticed which facts they seemed much concerned with.  I know what they said.  I think that I am far better qualified than you to interpret what happened.

There is a third example.  In my opening post,  I guessed about the cause of something.  My guess listed three possibilities which, "in theory,", might be the cause.  Look "in theory" up in a dictionary.  That term often implies that what is stated may not be true.   I was thinking out loud.  I was listing possible causes even though some seemed dubious.  Some people read my post as if "in theory" did not appear.  In my post, I wrote that I did not know,  and that all three possibilities might be wrong.  Despite all that writing by me,  a few responders seem to have mistakenly concluded that I thought that three possibilities were right.

In my opening post, I reported my experience but did not invite feedback.

A separate reaction I have to the responses is how rude some of them are.  Certainly you may disagree with me.  However, some of you are extraordinarily rude, even vile, in the way you expressed yourselves.  Ypi may have violated this forum'd TOS.  This loutishness characterizes many web forums, not just Toytowngermany.

One response to my post refers to the responder drowning in my stream of consciousness.  Thank you for your thoughtful, concise, nicely metaphorical remark.  In the future, especially in this forum, I shall try to write much more clearly, avoiding a stream-of-consciousness style.  I did not ask anyone to read ny proposed post in advance and then give me frank feedbank about what he thought I meant.  Perhaps I should have.  I hope that this post, my reaction to the responses, is clear.

Police are a touchy subject.  I suspect that a few responders eagerly defend police behavior, or eagerly attack someone who criticized police behavior, despite having little knowlege of what happened.  This does not prove that those responders are wrong.  It merely may be part of the explanation of why they are wrong.

denkyo

2 hours ago, denkyo said:

One response to my post refers to the responder drowning in my stream of consciousness.  Thank you for your thoughtful, concise, nicely metaphorical remark.  In the future, especially in this forum, I shall try to write much more clearly, avoiding a stream-of-consciousness style. 

I'm afraid you didn't manage to do that.  :blink:

One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked.

"What's happened to me?" he thought.