Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Arbeitszeugnis

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have a question regarding my move back to my old employer after a short period of time. I worked for Company A for almost two years before getting an offer from Company B. Company B turned out to be a horrible work environment so within one month of my Probezeit I decided it was time to leave. Luckily Company A gave me an excellent Arbeitszeugnis  and couldn't fill my position quickly enough so they approached me with an offer including a 15 % higher salary which I took and now I am happily back there. I spent two months at Company B and I didn't get along with my boss or co-workers so I didn't ask for an Arbeitszeugnis.

Now my question is whether I can simply exclude Company B from my Lebenslauf since it was only two months? If yes the question is how do I explain the two month gap in future interviews? I've noticed that my Eintrittsdatum on my payslip is my hire and not rehire date as if I didn't leave at all (FYI I initially started working for Company A on October 2016, left on August 2018, and was back by November 2018 but my Eintrittsdatum on all company documentations still says October 2016). I've been told that I should simply put October 2016 - present on my Lebenslauf for Company A but I already have an Arbeitszeugnis that I left on my own accord.

Thanks for any input.

P.S. I'm in IT Security if that's of any relevance.

In your place, I'd just follow their advice and omit it.

Hopefully you'll be happy enough back at Company A that you won't need to use the Zeugnis that says you resigned any time soon, but if you do, just ask for a new Zwischenzeugnis.

Thanks for the response, My only problem is what do to say if my company asks, some time in the future, why I need a Zwischenzeugnis. I understand that doctors need them in order to apply for their specialization exams but in my industry it's unnecessary.