Is there anything similar to Zillow (real estate website) in Germany?

11 posts in this topic

Hi. Mods, please feel free to move to approprate place.

My husband and I are thinking about selling our house and want to know the value of similar houses sold in our town. One can find this info, no problem, in the US (on Zllow). But, how do you know what people have sold their houses for here in Germany? This would go a long way towards helping us decide where to price our house (without a Makler...).

Is there anything like this in Germany?

The local authority may produce these statistics, that might be where you look first.   Mine does, it gets published in the local media (I think you have to pay for the larger analysis).

But there is of course not many sales in many places and so the fact we don't see much is often simply more a reflection of that.  (That above data set is only ever a few hundred, in a city of 150k so when you break it down by type and / or district or whatever, the subsets can be very small).

I would be interested in this.  Unfortunately I don't think it exists in Germany.  There is no MLS as in the US making it extremely difficult to buy and sell property for the average Joe.  On top of that Banks don't seem to know or care what the actual value of properties are (at least from my experience).

It would be nice to know this, of course. I mean, there were two houses for sale on the same street, built by 2 brothers at the same time on the same size piece of property (1500qm). Both went on the market at the same time - one wanted (wait for it) 2.4 million and the other only 950,000€. Neither is still on the market. So, I'm wondering if they sold or not and for what price. I suspect the cheaper one was sold within days (because in Unterschleissheim, a single family house on anything bigger than 500qm for less than 1€mil is cheap.

Something like Zillow would be really cool.

I asked here this question before and the answer was no, in Germany sold prices are not open information. 

If the location in question falls within the Munich city boundaries then, albeit you won't find individual addresses listed, the most accurate source of statistical values for rented* dwellings can be got from the latest edition of the city Mietspiegel.

*There are available online calculators which use formulae to determine reliable sale values for property based on those rental values.

Informationen zum Mietspiegel für München© 2017

As @emkay mentioned, the archives of ImobillienScout24 do have listings of prices for the sale of specific houses and flats which have been offered via any of the sellers or agents who have advertised them on their website.

Sometimes you have to make some use of their extended search (erweiterte Suche) filters to find any results and, like the prices shown in car sales ads, the actual prices acheived at the final point of sale often bear no relationship to those advertised.

In general most used cars and houses sell for less than the sellers were hoping for but, in cases where a car is a sought after rare model or in real estate where there are multiple bidders then the opposite is possible too.

2B

The above is just a run of the mill customer catching device of just about every German Makler / real estate agent. Nothing unusual or fair about it.

40 minutes ago, Metall said:

The above is just a run of the mill customer catching device of just about every German Makler / real estate agent. Nothing unusual or fair about it.

I thought that too.  We have used the immobilienscout24.de valuation tool and found it to be fairly accurate.  It cost something like 25€ years ago.