Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best pop/rock comeback or reunion ever?

8 posts in this topic

Right then,

According to the Fail, the Spice Girls are on the way back:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6354899/The-Spice-Girls-without-Victoria-Stars-announce-return-six-date-UK-tour.html

Some of you are even too young to remember how huge these babes were back in the 90s. They were the female answer to Take That, (who were the British answer to the US New Kids on the Block).

So, we had Take That who did an awesome comeback in 2006 with "Patience", now we have the girls who had some extremely fun songs back in the day. My fave before anyone asks, was Baby Spice.

So, can we name any other bands who have done this? Off we go.

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

So, we had Take That who did an awesome comeback in 2006 with "Patience", now we have the girls who had some extremely fun songs back in the day. My fave before anyone asks, was Baby Spice.

So, can we name any other bands who have done this? Off we go.

Erm, where was you in 2008 for the Return of the Spice Girls concert?

You make it sound as if it's their first comeback, albeit without Posh.

Was reported 2 yrs ago too..

2016–present: Second reunion plans

On 8 July 2016, Brown, Bunton, and Halliwell unveiled a new website under the name "The Spice Girls - GEM", released a short video celebrating the 20th anniversary of their first single "Wannabe", and teased upcoming news from them as a three piece.[107] Brown later clarified that "GEM" was not a new name for the three-piece, saying "GEM is the name of our website - we’re always going to be Spice Girls. I think people are getting it a bit confused with GEM."[108] Chisholm announced that she opted not to take part in a reunion project. Brown reaffirmed Chisholm's position in an interview saying, "Victoria's busy [...] Mel C's doing her own album" and noted that both Beckham and Chisholm gave the three-piece their blessing to continue with the project.[109] On 23 November 2016, a new song, "Song for Her", was leaked online.[110] Following Halliwell's announcement of her pregnancy, the project was canceled.[111] In July 2018, Brown announced the reunion of the band without Beckham.[112][113] In November 2018, they announced a UK stadium tour for June 2019.[114] On 10 November, the four of them will make a guest appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show.[115]

While neither band really broke up, I vote for the returns of Bruce to Iron Maiden and Rob to Judas Priest as the best re-unions. 

The most seamless replacement of a vocalist goes to AC/DC. 

Just thinking, The Spice Girls without Posh.  Will the integrity and the quality of the music suffer.  ^_^

Definitely Bruce Dickinson's return to Maiden. (Who's autobiography I can highly recommend, btw.)