HR questionnaire - translate the fields

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am currently in the process of employment by Klinikum rechts der Isar (TUM MRI), Munich as a researcher. The HR sent me the questionnaire which I need to fill. I can't understand some fields even after using dictionaries and google translate. I've tried to ask the HR but there were no answer. I will be really thankful if you can help.

1) Can you suggest the translation of the abbreviations in the field about previous civil service work experience (see the screenshot attached, highlighted by yellow). 

2)There are the following fields in the part about additional education:

- Kurzschrift (Kenntnisse oder Beherrschung) 
- Lehrgänge und Kurse außerhalb der Schulbildung (z. B. Verw.-Akademie, Zeit des Besuchs, Schiussprüfung, Dipt.-Prüfung, Ergebnis, usw.) 
- Fachprüfungen

- Sonstige besondere Kenntnisse 

I've understood that 1 - courses, 2 - additional courses out of the school education, 3  - examinations, 4- other special education. But what are the actual differences between them for Germans and why they are separated in different fields? 

I also will appreciate if you can suggest where should I put my particular skills. I have "younger sister of mercy" qualification certificate which I obtained at high school as an additional professional education (probably, the 2nd filed?), I am a second-class sportsman in swimming (4th field?) and I have CMAS diving certificate (also, the 4th?).

Снимок1.JPG

Verg-Gr = Verguetungsgruppe  = salary level.

So, I would assume for each of the previous roles if you started at salary level X and moved to salary level Y you should put that in the relevant columns.

I'm afraid you lost me with your final paragraph though. I can belt out a really third rate (at best) Temple of Love on the old karaoke, but I couldn't imagine anyone would want to see any Sisters of Mercy info on a CV/application form.

21 minutes ago, Katty Zh said:

Hello,

I am currently in the process of employment by Klinikum rechts der Isar (TUM MRI), Munich as a researcher. The HR sent me the questionnaire which I need to fill. I can't understand some fields even after using dictionaries and google translate. I've tried to ask the HR but there were no answer. I will be really thankful if you can help.

1) Can you suggest the translation of the abbreviations in the field about previous civil service work experience (see the screenshot attached, highlighted by yellow). 

2)There are the following fields in the part about additional education:

- Kurzschrift (Kenntnisse oder Beherrschung) 
- Lehrgänge und Kurse außerhalb der Schulbildung (z. B. Verw.-Akademie, Zeit des Besuchs, Schiussprüfung, Dipt.-Prüfung, Ergebnis, usw.) 
- Fachprüfungen

- Sonstige besondere Kenntnisse 

I've understood that 1 - courses,

No, 1 is shorthand/stenography. 

2 - additional courses out of the school education, 3  - examinations, 4- other special education. But what are the actual differences between them for Germans and why they are separated in different fields? 

Ehm, because they are different things? 

I also will appreciate if you can suggest where should I put my particular skills. I have "younger sister of mercy" qualification certificate which I obtained at high school as an additional professional education (probably, the 2nd filed?), I am a second-class sportsman in swimming (4th field?) and I have CMAS diving certificate (also, the 4th?).

I have no idea what a "younger sister of mercy qualification" is but basically they ask for qualifications that are relevant for the job. I can't imagine a diving license being that. 

Have you ever worked in civil service in Germany before? If not, you can leave table V blank. If you have, you should know what your salary group (NOT your salary) was and whether it changed during your period of employment.

Translations for your other terms:

- Kurzschrift (Kenntnisse oder Beherrschung)  -> Shorthand
- Lehrgänge und Kurse außerhalb der Schulbildung -> Courses and programs outside school
- Fachprüfungen  -> Professional examinations

- Sonstige besondere Kenntnisse  -> Other skills

Yes, they want to know about any courses you've taken outside of school - but only applicable ones. Like dstanners, I have no idea what a "younger sister of mercy" qualification is. If you think it's related to the position your applying for, just state it verbatim and let them deal with it. If you really want to list your swimming and diving certificates, knock yourself out, but I doubt it will be relevant to hospital employment.