Hospital bill for one night?

85 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2018, 11:01:57, john g. said:

People living in Germany- by this I mean naive expats - really need to understand how " heavy " this stuff is. You risk bankruptcy and why? German law and the unwillingness to pay 80-100 euros  a year to lessen the risk...

Is this estimate still up to date? I have just received a offer through the post for PrivatHaftpflichtversicherung insurance at 51 EUR a year or 38 EUR a year "als Single". 

Read the small print, commentarlos! And is there a deductible? And what is excluded? And does it need you to prove you have been without claims the past three/five years etc? Does it come attached to another insurance (eg household insurance), does it expect a three year contract etc?

Does it come with a guarantee that anything not included in its clauses IS after all included if any other provider offers that clause?

etc etc

By the way, did you ask for a quote or was it a " cold call" by post offer?

Thank you!

So 80-100 EUR would be a reasonable sum still taking into the factors you list. 

I do have another insurance with the company and at the time of taking the insurance out asked for further info on Privathaftpflicht. Didn't specifically ask for a quote now though. 

I was just wondering what a ball park figure for a young person starting out themselves would be in 2019 that would not have made previous claims etc. 

38 euros a year sounds too good to be true...there must be a catch...that is my professional opinion, Kommentarlos...if you want to email me the quote, I can give you my opinion. I will not try to sell you anything. Companies have different tariffs..basic, good, better , best etc. Don´t mess around with Haftpflicht..go for the top one.

What will I gain? An insight into what might be around that I am not aware of.

As I´m not on the Finance thread..disclaimer:

I´m a professional currently one-eyed ( dragging on a while ) independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser on Toytown!

:D

Forderungsausfall is another 8 EUR on top. 1 year contract. There is some sort of unentgeltliche Hilfeleistung included but you would need to check closely if ones personal activities are included. Has a rating of 1.0 Stiftung Warentest Finanztest in 2017.  Deductibles seem to be listed on a case by case basis. There is a box to tick if you have made a claim in the last 3 years.