Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flying Ryanair in November 2018

53 posts in this topic

Forget flying short haul it's all low cost no service these days regardless of which airline. If I can book a reasonable time in advance I use the train, even from Munich to London, it is the only civilised way to travel now. Departures from and to city/town centres, no having to check in hours before departure no charge or max allowance for baggage are just a few of the advantages Also even better 1st class is often just a cheap upgrade. Check it out.

For most ordinary people, it just is a question of cost. Airlines are so cheap now that every Tom,Dick and Harry can fly all

over the world and tramp over all the most beautiful sites without any care for the environment, A bit like cruise lines, which are

building bigger and bigger ships every year and arriving with thousands of passengers in small ports everywhere and completely swamping the places with t-shirted and shorts wearing ignoramuses who are 'only there for the beer'.

Time to introduce a hefty tourist tax which would force people to stay in their own countries.

16 hours ago, Acton said:

Time to introduce a hefty tourist tax which would force people to stay in their own countries.

Good idea or even better since governments and the EU pay farmers not to grow food what about a subsidy for the airlines for every passenger they don't take somewhere, they could then vet their passengers to ensure only politicians on urgent international business and the very rich (of course) could travel by air. Not only would it massively help to reduce global warming but those monster cruise ships could then be better employed taking passengers to and from proper destinations that the airlines no longer service for the hoi polloi.:lol:

BTW rumors that Ryanair  are already receiving this subsidy may not be true.

I bit the bullet and flew Ryanair. I'm 183cm and my knees were banging off my chin. But the man beside me was 188cm so I had a good schadenfreude inspired laugh.

On the way back we had a few cm more space, but the flight was 40mins late.

All in all an excellent trip by Ryanair standards.

What a pity trains don't go from Austria to Ireland.

I'm 190cm and flew Ryanair operated by Laudamotion in September to Mallorca and didn't check in online. The lady at the check-in gave me a seat at the exit which you normally can't select during online check-in. I had plenty of space :). 

The Ryanair staff who allegedly spent the night on an airport floor have been sacked. Yet somehow festering pimple on the ass of humanity Michael O'Leary still has a job.

20 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The Ryanair staff who allegedly spent the night on an airport floor have been sacked. Yet somehow festering pimple on the ass of humanity Michael O'Leary still has a job.

I understand the sacking since it was all staged just to make the company look bad, TBH.

44 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I understand the sacking since it was all staged just to make the company look bad, TBH.

20 of them had to spend 4-1/2 hours in a break room - that contained a total of 8 chairs and no beds - before they were moved to the VIP lounge. Nobody has to stage anything to make that company look bad.

41 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

20 of them had to spend 4-1/2 hours in a break room

And that really sucked and nothing wrong with them complaining and telling their story.

It's the staged bit and putting it out on the www that got them fired.