Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Studying and Stay in Germany with Hungary Permanent Residency Card

5 posts in this topic

Hello Locals,

I Need some Info. One of my Friend currently living in Hungray ,She has Hugarian permanent Residency 

She want to come to Germany for Language Course and then search for Job here. She has a Little Kid  (2 Years old)

my Questions:

1-Can she Stay and get Admission in any Language School here? Maximum how longer can she Stay here?

2-If she can get for her kid Platz in Kindergarten? as a Student she will have to pay by itself (Kindergarten Cost)?

Regards

7 hours ago, Khalid Khan said:

Hello Locals,

I Need some Info. One of my Friend currently living in Hungray ,She has Hugarian permanent Residency 

She want to come to Germany for Language Course and then search for Job here. She has a Little Kid  (2 Years old)

my Questions:

1-Can she Stay and get Admission in any Language School here?

Her Hungarian permanent residency entitles her to stay in Hungary permanently – but not in other countries. As a third country citizen she has to apply for a language learners visa. A prerequisite for the visa is proof of German health insurance and sufficient savings to make a living here. Language students are not allowed to work here.

Maximum how longer can she Stay here?

As long as the visa is valid. The visa as a language student does not entitle to search for work.

2-If she can get for her kid Platz in Kindergarten? as a Student she will have to pay by itself (Kindergarten Cost)?

It might be difficult to get a place in a kindergarten, there is a shortage of places anyway. And yes, she has to pay for it, who else? 

And Language Visa she will have to apply in Hungary or from Country of origin?
I appreciate your replies guys.

Regards

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

Her Hungarian permanent residency entitles her to stay in Hungary permanently – but not in other countries. As a third country citizen she has to apply for a language learners visa. A prerequisite for the visa is proof of German health insurance and sufficient savings to make a living here. Language students are not allowed to work here.

As long as the visa is valid. The visa as a language student does not entitle to search for work.

It might be difficult to get a place in a kindergarten, there is a shortage of places anyway. And yes, she has to pay for it, who else? 

I'm not sure she needs a visa if she wants to study for less than 3 months. Citing http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/EN/Publikationen/Broschueren/bildung-und-beruf-in-deutschland.pdf?__blob=publicationFile#page=9 :

Are you al- lowed to enter Germany without a visa and planning a long-term stay? Then you have to apply for a residence permit within three months after entry. This application is submitted at the proper Aliens Authority office. The Aliens Authority responsible for your application depends on your future place of residence in the Federal Territory.

@Khalid Khan normally one needs to apply for a visa where one currently lives, so in Hungary. 

And regarding the kindergarten:

The other option is participating in an intensive language course if you are planning a short-term stay to learn German. This requires daily instruc- tion and the language course running for at least 18 hours per week. Your means of subsistence must also be secured, for example by your parents assuming all costs.

Regular school attendance for children from third countries is only pos- sible as part of a family reunification and family immigration programme (see also Chapter III), or if the residence is based on another, independent right of residence. There are also exceptions made on a case-by-case basis, such as to attend a boarding school. Please contact the proper Aliens Au- thority for your desired place of residence with such requests.

17 hours ago, Khalid Khan said:

Hello Locals,

my Questions:

1-Can she Stay and get Admission in any Language School here? Maximum how longer can she Stay here?

Regards

1. How well does she already speak German? 

2. How long does she want to be in Germany? 

3. Does she have sufficient funds to support herself and her child (including health insurance) for the length of her stay in Germany? 

4. What formal qualifications does she have?

5. Where is she from?

6. What type of permit does she have?