Looking for Rheinhard Kimmel & Hsns-Jurgen Herter

7 posts in this topic

I have some photos that were sent from family in Germany many years ago. One of Rheinhard Kimmel's children. Then three of Hans-Jurgen Herter. I believe the Kimmel's are related through my great great grandfathers sister, Charlotte (Benkhardt) Kimmel. I have know idea how Hans-Jurgen is related. Hoping to connect with Rheinhard and Hans-Jurgen or their relatives. 5bbd32d6b5eb9_8)HansjergenHerteryoungchi

Great photo - I'll just pop out and see if I can find him!!!

Seriously, Germany is a big place - do you have any idea in which part one should start looking?

How long ago was the photo taken? Roughly how old do you think he is now?

I think you will find that the name is Reinhard, and not Rheinhard.

Have you tried a Google search? There seem to be quite a few hits for that name.

Also on FB.Maybe this is H-J?

https://de-de.facebook.com/hansjurgen.herter

Maybe posting the photos on FB would be of more help than here?

Lol, my bad. Believe Reinhard was from Lambecht & he was an electrician.  My phone keeps changing it ti Rheinhard, idk why. I have tried google & Facebook,  just thought maybe this could be another place. The photo was of H-J. Thought maybe i could upload more. Reinhards kids photo i have was from mid 40's to early 50's maybe. My great great grand aunts son reinhard died in 1918 unmarried. Was born 1895 to Karl kimmel & Charlotte Benkart. 

Hans was a young boy during WWII, thats all i know about him.

Have you already contacted the Hans-Jürgen I linked to, and asked if it is a photo of him?

Whilst the chances are minimal, I think it's worth a try!