Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The first ever senility thread..or has it been done before on here?

40 posts in this topic

I got up this morning , heard cats yelling and realised it was  time to do the rounds and feed them but also discovered  I had no cat food. Ok, I knew I had a 10 euro note somewhere to go and buy some. I looked everywhere -on the desk, behind the computer, in various drawers, on the table where the phone is--everywhere.

In despair, I thought : " where the hell is that  10 euro note? "--then I looked in my wallet! Yep! Bloody idiot!

Can you remember your senility moment today? ALL OF THEM!!!

:P

The first ever senility thread..or has it been done before on here? :lol:

Obviously rhetorical then John.

Ha, hoops! I think we all have these moments..why am I in the kitchen right now etc?!!!

I couldn´t find my keyholder yesterday morning, either, and I was just about to go out with the dogs. I went spare..where the fuck?

What happened? I had hung my trousers on a chair and the keyholder and keys had probably fallen out. And then..because I know my dog Max likes to move objects from A to B..I checked the bed. Yep..he´d brought the keyholder onto the bed!

;);)

Hoops: your senility case tonight! Put a comma after " then " !!!:P

My senior moment today. I know where EVERYTHING is. I asked Himself today if he knew where the cork pouring thing is after searching the entire kitchen for 15 minutes. He said it's in the drawer under the microwave. He was right. Oh how I hate when he is right. The senior part is that I put it there. 

That's just today and I have a strong feeling there were other things that I have forgotten today.

I hope you remember your  Himself´s name this weekend, fraufruit! Actually,  that´s a few days away!°

Just joking and tired and about to turn in for the night..sleep tight, babe )

I'm currently hunting everywhere for my Mietvertrag. It has it's own home in its own special folder and it's not there. Currently waiting for the senility to end so I can remember where I put the damn thing.

My most recurring "grey moment" is when making a tea for myself and my wife.

I put the sugar and tea infuser/filter in my cup , make her tea, then forget to put tea into said infuser.

Return to kitchen to collect my tea a few minutes later, only to find a cup of sweet water. Doh!

Trying to find my glasses, but can't find them because I'm not wearing them so I can see to find my glasses because they're securely stored atop my head. Repeat. :)

Forgetting to which family member  I told things to.  Sometimes the same person is "informed" multiple  times and another is completely in the dark.

They think I  tell them stuff so they are informed.

Actually,  I want to be able to be reminded  what it was I said when I forget. (i.e. Did they say bring a gift or  money for Hilda's 50th?...)

29 minutes ago, easytodraw said:

They think I  tell them stuff so they are informed.

I do the same with family and friends.

I recognise all off this :lol:.    I forget my bike.   Go down to the shed and realise it's still at the supermarket (luckily only 300m away).       I have also learned to "spot" it when it's in town on a rail with hundreds of others.   Although it is suggested some of these things we link to age are lifestyle change. Like my "norm" is to walk there, so I just do my default sometimes.   This stage of life would probably be where many of us we had most birthdays etc to play an active role in remembering.   We "lose" glasses because we now we have about six different pairs - I now have a "base" for mine.   And so on.

Another thing for me is I now understand why older people can be seen as "particular" or "fussy or "just so".   I notice it most in sport.   Now if there  is, say, hair flicking in my face,  or my shoe lace tying is not spot on, or there is a tiny stone in my shoe, I really cannot cope.   Used to be able to brush if off.   Now, having the wherewithall to just do the sport is as much as I can manage.      I can also not multi-task so well, which is similar, I suppose.  Usually only one thing at a time now.

I also notice a "ton of bricks"  or "sack of potatoes" effect.   For, example, if I accidentally bang my knee on a door, I now practically collapse and start howling :angry:.   Slipping actually makes me angry.  Irritates me hugely.

1 hour ago, swimmer said:

I recognise all off this :lol:.    I forget my bike.   Go down to the shed and realise it's still at the supermarket (luckily only 300m away).       I have also learned to "spot" it when it's in town on a rail with hundreds of others.   Although it is suggested some of these things we link to age are lifestyle change. Like my "norm" is to walk there, so I just do my default sometimes.   This stage of life would probably be where many of us we had most birthdays etc to play an active role in remembering.   We "lose" glasses because we now we have about six different pairs - I now have a "base" for mine.   And so on.

Another thing for me is I now understand why older people can be seen as "particular" or "fussy or "just so".   I notice it most in sport.   Now if there  is, say, hair flicking in my face,  or my shoe lace tying is not spot on, or there is a tiny stone in my shoe, I really cannot cope.   Used to be able to brush if off.   Now, having the wherewithall to just do the sport is as much as I can manage.      I can also not multi-task so well, which is similar, I suppose.  Usually only one thing at a time now.

I also notice a "ton of bricks"  or "sack of potatoes" effect.   For, example, if I accidentally bang my knee on a door, I now practically collapse and start howling :angry:.   Slipping actually makes me angry.  Irritates me hugely.

1 hour ago, swimmer said:

I recognise all off this :lol:.    I forget my bike.   Go down to the shed and realise it's still at the supermarket (luckily only 300m away).       I have also learned to "spot" it when it's in town on a rail with hundreds of other  We "lose" glasses because we now we have about six different pairs - I now have a "base" for mine.   And so on.

Your comments made me chuckle out loud. :) I can relate!  The supermarket nudge reminded me how many times I forget my list(s) at home; or even just around the aisles at the stores.

And I have multiple distance and readers but can never find the appropriate pair when needed! :)

Leaving your bike  made me smile the most! :) 

Yep, I am becoming dangerous. Can't remember why off hand...

What I really relish is where you put that thing in that spot you never usually put it. Or that place where you think it will be really safe. And a little voice in your head tells you not to, cos you ain't never gonna think of looking there when you next need it. But you ignore the voice and do it anyway. And then fail to find what you are looking for when you next need it. You know it is somewhere different and even super safe, but just can't remember where...

I've done the setting the wooden chopping board alight on the electric hob by switching on the wrong hob.  More than once :wub:.     Now I always keep it clear.

32 minutes ago, optimista said:

Yep, I am becoming dangerous. Can't remember why off hand...

What I really relish is where you put that thing in that spot you never usually put it. Or that place where you think it will be really safe. And a little voice in your head tells you not to, cos you ain't never gonna think of looking there when you next need it. But you ignore the voice and do it anyway. And then fail to find what you are looking for when you next need it. You know it is somewhere different and even super safe, but just can't remember where...

Oh so frighteningly true, put something away just the other day and still haven't found it!

I keep baked beans and cat food tins in the same cupboard. The other week, I was on my early morning dog walk and was just about to open the beans for a stray cat I feed every morning. ...,. I had to go back later with the real McCoy!