Gender neutral toilets.

177 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I've never heard of that.  American women "hover" - ie assume a semi squatting position over the seat, feet on the floor, and let it fly.  I have no idea how they don't pee all over themselves.  Hell, maybe they do.  

The only time I encounter pee covered seats here is in touristy neighborhoods/restos.  Like I said, I don't think it's German women doing this.  Haven't seen any footprints on any seats.

My brother in law would insist that my sister had trained their daughters to use public toilets in such a way that first you must completely wrap the seat in toilet paper until no part of it is visible and then you don't actually sit on it but squat above it.  Whether it's completely true, I'm not so sure though.  BIL has been known to exaggerate a bit sometimes.

25 minutes ago, LeonG said:

My brother in law would insist that my sister had trained their daughters to use public toilets in such a way that first you must completely wrap the seat in toilet paper until no part of it is visible and then you don't actually sit on it but squat above it.  Whether it's completely true, I'm not so sure though.  BIL has been known to exaggerate a bit sometimes.

14 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I've never heard of that.  American women "hover" - ie assume a semi squatting position over the seat, feet on the floor, and let it fly.  I have no idea how they don't pee all over themselves.  Hell, maybe they do.  

The only time I encounter pee covered seats here is in touristy neighborhoods/restos.  Like I said, I don't think it's German women doing this.  Haven't seen any footprints on any seats.

I have seen the wee on the seats in ladies public toilets, also perpetrated by German women. I simply wipe the wee off the seat with toilet roll, sit down and take a leak. Never got a rash infection or anything else from sitting on a public toilet. I do find it disgusting that people wee on the seats, or squat using them.

I noticed that they have signs on some public toilets in big cities in Germany warning people to sit and not squat. However, I think this is more in regard to the squat toilets found in the middle east/Asian countries. Once I saw a massive turd parked just behind the toilet seat as someone had literally squatted like you do on squat toilets.... I used another toilet...

1 hour ago, Anna66 said:

I have seen the wee on the seats in ladies public toilets, also perpetrated by German women. I simply wipe the wee off the seat with toilet roll, sit down and take a leak. Never got a rash infection or anything else from sitting on a public toilet. I do find it disgusting that people wee on the seats, or squat using them.

I

Why the hell dont they lift the fucking seat like they tell us guys to do!  ???

6 hours ago, LeonG said:

I don't think that's too much of an exaggeration, though I am not sure about the "wrapping" part as I highly doubt they'd be advised to touch the seat at all.

I think it would be more like they'd lay down a thick covering of toilet paper as opposed to a wrap.  Some restrooms offer paper seat shaped covers for exactly this purpose.  And of course after they squat and pee all over it they'll leave it there :)

@SpiderPig I gave my brother's mistress the third degree regarding why she could at least not lift the damn seat.  She looked at me in indignant horror, exclaiming "I'm NOT going to TOUCH the seat" to which I suggested she use her shoe to flip it  up.  She squinched her eyes closed and shuddered like I'd just murdered a puppy in front of her. 

So funny as it's the ones who piss all over everything who freak out the most about how "filthy" public toilets are.  Projection in action!

48 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

@SpiderPig

So funny as it's the ones who piss all over everything who freak out the most about how "filthy" public toilets are. 

Whilst dropping toilet paper and paper towels all over the floor for people to walk over.

And the state they leave the sink area in. At least men just don’t wash their hands :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kommentarlos said:

Whilst dropping toilet paper and paper towels all over the floor for people to walk over.

And the state they leave the sink area in. At least men just don’t wash their hands :ph34r:

I have also experienced women who do not wash their hands either....:blink:

Anna, please can you explain her comment... It doesn't make sense to me... Maybe kommentarlos Is a former toilet cleaner and has fist hand experience... 

Oh, and please never Google for ass to mouth videos... :)

30 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Anna, please can you explain her comment... It doesn't make sense to me... Maybe kommentarlos Is a former toilet cleaner and has fist hand experience... 

:lol::blink:

Sometimes in the women's toilet there are paper towels and toilet paper all over the place. I do feel sorry for the cleaning companies involved.

Worst I ever experienced, stop reading now if you are sensitive or queasy... was in a theatre in England...

Toilet blocked, backed up with blood, piss and shit... toilet paper bloodied and shit everywhere, used sanitary pad... I really wanted to puke. Wtf... is wrong with people?

Wtf...

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

„ fist hand experience!“?— don‘t make us blush, Spider!!

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Maybe kommentarlos Is a former toilet cleaner ...

Maybe Kommentarlos is a current toilet cleaner. :D

17 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Say it isn't so. Kommentarlos isn't generalizing about a specific group, is s/he?

21 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I don't think that's too much of an exaggeration, though I am not sure about the "wrapping" part as I highly doubt they'd be advised to touch the seat at all.

I think it would be more like they'd lay down a thick covering of toilet paper as opposed to a wrap. 

Yes, he may have talked of excessive draping, not wrapping.  I'm not sure anymore.  This would have been in the early to mid-80's so I don't think they had the disposable paper seat covers yet.

2 hours ago, LeonG said:

Yes, he may have talked of excessive draping, not wrapping.  I'm not sure anymore.  This would have been in the early to mid-80's so I don't think they had the disposable paper seat covers yet.

I don't know when disposable paper seat covers became commonplace (in the US; I've never seen them in Europe) but I remember a scene in the film "The Breakfast Club" from 1985 in which a toilet seat paper cover is featured to comic effect, so I'd think they must have been common by then.

36 minutes ago, Smaug said:

I don't know when disposable paper seat covers became commonplace (in the US; I've never seen them in Europe) but I remember a scene in the film "The Breakfast Club" from 1985 in which a toilet seat paper cover is featured to comic effect, so I'd think they must have been common by then.

sure.  I remember them from my childhood so they've been around for a longggg (ahem) time.

But it's not like they are available everywhere. I mostly remember seeing them in airports/train stations and at amusement parks.  The BART trains in CA have them on-board but whether they are stocked or not is a different question.  It's not very consistent.  Some people carry their own!