Gender neutral toilets.

177 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, French bean said:

also a school I think in the UK allowed the boys to wear skirts for the same reason so we are not that far away from it becoming acceptable.

 

It was not that positive.   What actually happened was that during the hot days some girls went to school wearing short pants (probably hot pants) and the school said it was forbidden for girls to wear pants.   So the boys organized themselves and showed up to school all wearing skirts and argued about gender discrimination.   The school then accepted that the girls could wear pants because it was too much of an embarrassment to have all those boys wearing skirts.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

went to Old Trafford to see Billy Joel last year, there were loads of women using the mens toilets because a) they're bigger than the ladies and the queue for the ladies was enormous

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

I do not see why a woman could not walk around topless. 

Inevitable ogling. Inevitable touching. Inevitable hard-ons and ensuing comments and laddish behaviour. They had a fad a decade or so in Munich where ladies would walk around with their shirts open, displaying their bras. It was extremely hot. The fad lasted about 10 days. I wonder why?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, optimista said:

Inevitable ogling. Inevitable touching. Inevitable hard-ons and ensuing comments and laddish behaviour. They had a fad a decade or so in Munich where ladies would walk around with their shirts open, displaying their bras. It was extremely hot. The fad lasted about 10 days. I wonder why?

 

I must've missed that fad. I left Munich for Frankfurt in 2009 for a little over a year, maybe it was in that time-frame.

 

One should never have to worry about touching or comments, but even I would find it hard not to look, and boobs do absolutely nothing for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a culture where women dont go topless, of course people will look when they do.  There are however cultures where women are often topless and, surprise surpise, it isnt considered a big deal and people dont tend to look because its normal.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well luckily the French dont care about this stuff and they still have topless beaches everywhere. Down near San Tropez I saw lots of titties out of the corner of my eye. 

 

But then the wife said my tongue was on the floor. Bugger.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Krieg said:

 

It was not that positive.   What actually happened was that during the hot days some girls went to school wearing short pants (probably hot pants) and the school said it was forbidden for girls to wear pants.   So the boys organized themselves and showed up to school all wearing skirts and argued about gender discrimination.   The school then accepted that the girls could wear pants because it was too much of an embarrassment to have all those boys wearing skirts.

 

This one was two years ago  https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jun/22/teenage-boys-wear-skirts-to-school-protest-no-shorts-uniform-policy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer not to have to share a toilet with women. Spent years working in restaurants and hotels while I was in school and I can tell you the women make far more mess in the toilet than men do. They dont flush the toilet, They get pee all over it and blood and leave their used tampons on the floor and all kinds of crap.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning on the campsite the gorgeous French girl was cleaning the bogs while I took a leak. I had faint hopes she would reach round but all I got was wet feet from the high pressure cleaner, sadly.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

This morning on the campsite the gorgeous French girl was cleaning the bogs while I took a leak. I had faint hopes she would reach round but all I got was wet feet from the high pressure cleaner, sadly.

 

 

Jeez dude. I was just thinking that it isn’t uncommon, especially at fests, for the cleaning lady to come in the men’s room while the men were peeing, yet I wasn’t aware of anyone harassing them. 

 

There you go and destroy my illusion with your dreams of a cleaning lady reach around. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fromm said:

I would prefer not to have to share a toilet with women.

Me too. And I'm female! :D But you are right...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word.  I usually don't encounter nasty ladies' rooms in my hood or even around most of Munich, but today I was in Schwabing (I know better, I do, but yet,,,), and holy hell the toilet in the ladies room where I peed was covered in urine.  WHY?

 

Based on my experience with German workplaces and non-touristy German restos/bars, I'm fairly confident it's not German women behaving this way.  I know for a fact American women are pigs (in general, of course there are some outliers among us) when they visit the toilet, but is this generally true for Brits too?

 

Whoever is up to this no-good business, it's just nasty :(  Stop it!

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

Word.  I usually don't encounter nasty ladies' rooms in my hood or even around most of Munich, but today I was in Schwabing (I know better, I do, but yet,,,), and holy hell the toilet in the ladies room where I peed was covered in urine.  WHY?

 

Based on my experience with German workplaces and non-touristy German restos/bars, I'm fairly confident it's not German women behaving this way.  I know for a fact American women are pigs (in general, of course there are some outliers among us) when they visit the toilet, but is this generally true for Brits too?

 

Whoever is up to this no-good business, it's just nasty :(  Stop it!

 

 

 

I saw a report on German TV a few years ago about this subject and apparently a number of women when they use public toilets seem to prefer to stand on the lavatory seat to pee instead of sitting down, which causes all the urine splashes on the seat and the floor. Weird. I hadn't realised until then that there is this problem. Here are some German articles on the subject, so it's not really so uncommon it seems:  https://www.google.com/search?q=damentoiletten+verschmutzt&rlz=1C1CHBH_deDE788DE788&oq=damentoiletten+verschmutzt&aqs=chrome..69i57.15677j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2019, 22:42:12, A.N.Other said:

 

Jeez dude. I was just thinking that it isn’t uncommon, especially at fests, for the cleaning lady to come in the men’s room while the men were peeing, yet I wasn’t aware of anyone harassing them. 

 

There you go and destroy my illusion with your dreams of a cleaning lady reach around. 

She gave me a ride back this morning in her golf cart. I had a barbecue to carry back to my camp. 

 

I think Im in there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

She gave me a ride back this morning in her golf cart. I had a barbecue to carry back to my camp. 

 

I think Im in there.

 

:lol: That is why some women don’t help guys or sit next to us on the subway. 

 

Ooh. She said good morning, she wants me. :wub:

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are such a fucking dreamer.. a prick...

 

I am sat at the same table that you and your family are me out of house and home... Alone... 

 

But I am happy... I brought the food to the table again...  My dime!

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019, 11:40:08, SpiderPig said:

I am sat at the same table that you and your family are me out of house and home..

Is it my English skills or yours?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jeba said:

Is it my English skills or yours?

 

I believe if you change 'are' to 'ate' you'll have something slightly less baffling. Little qwerty keyboards and larger fingers don't mix.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019, 10:26:25, bramble said:

I saw a report on German TV a few years ago about this subject and apparently a number of women when they use public toilets seem to prefer to stand on the lavatory seat to pee instead of sitting down

 

I've never heard of that.  American women "hover" - ie assume a semi squatting position over the seat, feet on the floor, and let it fly.  I have no idea how they don't pee all over themselves.  Hell, maybe they do.  

 

The only time I encounter pee covered seats here is in touristy neighborhoods/restos.  Like I said, I don't think it's German women doing this.  Haven't seen any footprints on any seats.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019, 5:10:28, zwiebelfisch said:

In a culture where women dont go topless, of course people will look when they do.  There are however cultures where women are often topless and, surprise surpise, it isnt considered a big deal and people dont tend to look because its normal.

It`s like anything new.

If everyone went topless people would ogle (same as if men went bottomless) but give it 20 years or so then no one would look because it would be considered normal.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now