Gender neutral toilets.

177 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, optimista said:

I really do not wish to see any men's dick when they are taking a leak.

The world is changing.  Dickpics are becoming pretty popular among the youngsters.   And I was not really talking about toilet situations, I was talking more in a general way.

1 minute ago, optimista said:

Why the difference between the sexes? Because men rarely perceive women as a threat. Doesn't work the other way round though. Do you know how threatening a dick is to a woman out of the context of being in a loving situation with someone they trust?

This is actually very sad, but the solution is to fix the world and make it so women do not feel threatened by men.  And generalizing is as well very unfair with the 99.9% of the men who are not assholes.

And while we continue keeping nudes, sex, and so on as a taboo I think things will never change.

If you go to a German sauna, where everyone is naked, men and women together, I don't think anyone feels unsafe.   Or an FKK beach.   This is in my opinion how nudity should be in general.  

P.S., Now I regret mentioning saunas, ...

7 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Dickpics are becoming pretty popular.

.. the solution is to fix the world and make it so women do not feel threatened by men. 

If you go to a German sauna, where everyone is naked, men and women together, I don't think anyone feels unsafe.

I do not feel threatened if I choose to look. It is when you are not choosing that there is a problem.

Many women feel instinctively threatened by men. With or without bad experiences. 4 year old girls are scared of men with beards. Fact. It is instinct.

I have felt unsafe in a sauna when it was just me and another man. Particularly when he started to masturbate. Surprise, surprise if it is just me and another man now I always feel uncomfortable.

19 hours ago, French bean said:

30 second search on the internet produced this:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/07/24/trans-activists-threats-execute-women-sure-dont-look-like-social-justice/

in particular:

Women have raised concerns in meetings across the UK about how this would affect all single-sex accommodations, including prisons, domestic violence refuges, women-only recreational facilities, homeless shelters, and the privacy and safety of female patients in some medical settings. Gender activists say it’s “violent” to voice these concerns, and to say aloud that male people can’t be women.

Attendees and speakers at these meetings have been intimidated, assaulted, had their employment threatened, been kicked off of their political party rolls, been subjected to police inquest and disciplinary hearings for making statements of biological fact, and had a recent bomb threat made against one of their meetings. The “violence” of women’s recognition of biological sex is invoked to excuse this as a “proportionate response” from transgender people.

In the US, there have been many reports (probably overly sensational) about trans high school athletes who miraculously become state champions in wrestling and track and field.    There was a story about an Australian Rules football player who had transitioned:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/hannah-mouncey-transgender-aussie-rules-player-aflw-draft-2019-hits-out-at-officials-a8530731.html

People have objected based on unfair physiological advantages.  While i support Trans-Rights, I have to agree that men who have transitioned to women should not be competing against women in organized sports.  

In my opinion, women's sports, especially for teenage girls are very important in preparing them to deal in the professional world.  

16 minutes ago, balticus said:

In the US, there have been many reports (probably overly sensational) about trans high school athletes who miraculously become state champions in wrestling and track and field.    There was a story about an Australian Rules football player who had transitioned:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/hannah-mouncey-transgender-aussie-rules-player-aflw-draft-2019-hits-out-at-officials-a8530731.html

People have objected based on unfair physiological advantages.  While i support Trans-Rights, I have to agree that men who have transitioned to women should not be competing against women in organized sports.  

In my opinion, women's sports, especially for teenage girls are very important in preparing them to deal in the professional world.  

A very valid point, just look at the abuse that Martina Navratilova and Sharon Davies have received. The hypocrisy of it when you consider how much work Martina has done to promote gay and lesbian rights. Who's behind it? Rachel McKinnon, a man that races against women in competitive cycling. How is that fair?

Despite what people may assume from my posts, I am not against LGBT, I'm just against this sense that they are victims and therefore should have preferential treatment in spite of the law and the needs of society. My wife calls it a sense of entitlement.

59 minutes ago, optimista said:

Many women feel instinctively threatened by men. With or without bad experiences.

And I am telling you I am sad about it and we should all work together to fix this.

4 year old girls are scared of men with beards. Fact. It is instinct.

You are really into generalizations.   I didn't even know this was a thing and I have a daughter and a few nieces.

I have felt unsafe in a sauna when it was just me and another man. Particularly when he started to masturbate.

So, your single experience that you find invasive should be translated into every men in a sauna is a pervert and/or a threat?

3 hours ago, optimista said:

I really do not wish to see any men's dick when they are taking a leak.

The key question here, is how do you feel about seeing a womans dick ?

As strange as the question seems, that is actually the subject of this entire thread.   

20 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The key question here, is how do you feel about seeing a womans dick ?

As strange as the question seems, that is actually the subject of this entire thread.   

False analogy. Women's restrooms have no urinals. If you see something, you're actually the creep.

4 hours ago, French bean said:

As far as I can see, the women on Mumsnet are normal everyday people.

Yes, most of them are.  However the one group that you obsessively quote and link to - Women's Place- who also is on Mumsnet is a bunch of radical feminist nutters.  But of course, you knew that didn't you?

Oh, that's alright then.

Did I say that?  Even imply that?  However the person in question was accused of rubbing up against one woman and showing her fake breasts to another woman which is a bit different than "rapng four women".  Not cool, but hardly a shocking trend that requires immediate legislation.

There is a general rule that is there for the majority. The question of Trans using gender specific toilets has been addressed by the building of non gender specific toilets and changing rooms but no, Trans men insist on using female toilets irrespective of the feelings of others. I want, I'll have. Or would you prefer that we rewrite the law so that everyone is allowed to act how they want without any recourse.

Really?  All toilets are now gender specific?  All transgender people are insisting on using women's toilets when nongender toilets are available?  I call bullshit on that. 

Funny story about "everyone is allowed to act how they want without any recourse."  Where is used to live that had a bunch of breathless transphobic idiots screaming that Obama wanted to allow transgender people into YOUR daughter's bathroom.  Turns out that there actually was no existing law.  Anyone could go into any bathroom without breaking the law.  No one seemed to notice or care about this little "loophole" because no one gave a shit about it (well, technically they did).  It was a bunch of conservative loones who wanted to make a law forbidding what no one had ever cared about in the centuries-long history of the state.  Luckily they were sent packing.

I looked at what happened in the UK, The US is in a world of its own.

Did you really look a the UK? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/transgender-murder-sex-drugs-jesse-mcdonald-naomi-hersi-heathrow-airport-a8603726.html

And why has it flared up so quickly within the last couple of years? How was a minority group been able to achieve massive funding and influence those in power. Just who is behind it and why?

It is a conspiracy, quite clearly... :wacko:

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

I didn't even know this was a thing and I have a daughter and a few nieces.

And this is my point. Not allowed to generalise? Not allowed to point out exceptions (that pesky single experience) to the rule either? Oh dear...

You think you can fix instinct by working on it together? Really? All men are just big, cuddly teddy bears. Right. Except for those (not so) rare exceptions.

You really are responding just like a man... yawn.

A lot of this shit happens to children.  As an adult I have had little experience of being flashed at, or groped.  As a child it happened much more.  Camp leaders,  unknown boys on the way to school.  Weirdest for me was being pinned against a tree, aged 13 in uniform on the way home from school, by a drunk man, broad daylight, surrounded by women and children and noone intervening, but getting dirty looks from some of them as if I was being some sort of brazen slut.   I must add, that I was not traumatized by any of these experiences.    I would guess that as well as possibly getting off on the idea of a girl in school uniform, they also thought that being young, I would not know exactly how to react.  

With me it was the opposite. Never had any trouble in UK. AT ALL. Left aged 23 for the Continent. A whole new world opened up. I guess I looked like a lost soul and vulnerable.

On 14/06/2019, 16:40:04, optimista said:

And this is my point. Not allowed to generalise? Not allowed to point out exceptions (that pesky single experience) to the rule either? Oh dear...

You think you can fix instinct by working on it together? Really? All men are just big, cuddly teddy bears. Right. Except for those (not so) rare exceptions.

I think my point just flew over your head or you only read what you want to read.  I am totally positive my daughter is not scared of beards nor are any of my nieces.   So I really do not think women have imprinted in their DNA to be scared of beards.

On 14/06/2019, 16:40:04, optimista said:

You really are responding just like a man... yawn.

Please free to discriminate me.  I am not easily offended.

Just had my first experience with GN shitters in Seattle. Long hallway with about 8 toilets on either side, doors completely closed.  It worked well, but I there should be a {separate}  urinal room as well, IMHO.

18 minutes ago, tor said:

Just had my first experience with GN shitters in Seattle. Long hallway with about 8 toilets on either side, doors completely closed.  It worked well, but I there should be a {separate}  urinal room as well, IMHO.

The newer Autobahn Toilets are like that.  Either a long line of separate GN toilets or built in a circle with doors all the way around and they also have a room just for urinals.

Here's the one at Leineholz, NS on the A7 not far from where I live.  You can't really see it in the photo but the one farthest on the left is the urinals.

autobahn_wc.jpg

On 15/06/2019, 19:01:18, Krieg said:

I think my point just flew over your head or you only read what you want to read.

Idem. Children go through stages of many different fears, which usually pass. Including fear of men. It is normal psychological development.

(And I think I have seen you play the discrimination card before.)

On 15.6.2019, 16:52:37, optimista said:

With me it was the opposite. Never had any trouble in UK. AT ALL. Left aged 23 for the Continent. A whole new world opened up. I guess I looked like a lost soul and vulnerable.

And for me it was the opposite. Loads of harrassment in the UK and not that much on the continent. Guess it depends where you live or travel to.

I used a gender neutral toilet a few weeks back on my holiday. It could though only be used by one person at a time. It had a urinal in it, and I had to walk past that to get to  the toilet. I think the main issue is that the urinals need privacy if it can be used by more than one person at a time. A urinal cubicle which can be locked for privacy.

The door you came through locked, so it could only be used by one person at a time and it had WC written on it. No gents/ladies or the pictures they normally have.

3 hours ago, Anna66 said:

I used a gender neutral toilet a few weeks back on my holiday. It could though only be used by one person at a time. It had a urinal in it, and I had to walk past that to get to  the toilet. I think the main issue is that the urinals need privacy if it can be used by more than one person at a time. A urinal cubicle which can be locked for privacy.

I don't think men would be offended if women pass by in order to go to the cabins.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I don't think men would be offended if women pass by in order to go to the cabins.

Mens toilets are already commonly used by women, this is no big deal to anyone.

I´ve just used the office toilet. No one was around. No one was offended.

The issue: re public toilets, who is in danger if a man or woman or trans or whatever uses it. What are the facts? I was once mugged in a toilet in Colombia. It was a man´s toilet.

I never knew which toilet to use in London when my daughter was small.Men´s or women´s ? 

" Public" toilets in Greece (ie airports, bus stations, tavernas ): best avoided by all.

They don´t do public toilets otherwise. Never seen one in five years.