Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gender neutral toilets.

60 posts in this topic

So Manchester United are considering introducing same sex toilets at Old Trafford.

I don't know how widespread this practice is worldwide but does it work.

Obviously there are times when a parent with a young child of the opposite sex takes them into the toilet with them.

But I guess that not everyone would feel comfortable sharing a toilet block with the opposite sex.

I know now that examples exist where toilets are shared e.g. on an aircraft, but there you are in private.

I can see that there could be security, safety and privacy issues here that might be caused by a minority of people.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-gender-neutral-toilet-15235024

I suspect there would have to be 3 toilets: ladies / gents / gender neutral. In a stadium there's the matter of efficiency to consider: humans with a specific tool can relieve themselves quicker and require less space than humans without said tool. If you only have single-toilet stalls available you need a much bigger area

All very good for premises that are large, but what about smaller places e.g. cafes.  A single sex toilet for them would free up space.

Don't know if there is a specific law for businesses that over a certain floor space.

I've often had gender neutral toilets here.  Entirely normal.   I do go to football and men quite often barge into the women's ones, especially where there's fewer female attendees (and there's often big variation in gender make up).  That already happens for good or ill.    You mean men, I think, not oh-so-PC "people"?  Women are not going to be a security or privacy risk to men and boys in this situation, usually.  You won't find us wanting to pry on men or boys on the toilet :ph34r:.  Never mind threatening them while they perform their ablutions.   The opposite.  We'd avoid, quite strongly, thank you very much.  I mean - yuk :wacko:.  

The other thing I noticed the other night attending an event in Frankfurt I mentioned.    "Rights" are often for the already privileged.   Complete luxury if you are disadvantaged, often not available to you at all.    Only one disabled toilet - specifically marked with both traditional designations.  As very often is the case.    And, definitely, as you say, if you are a single parent.

45 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Drunken football hooligans sharing toilets with transvestites. What could possibly go wrong?

TBH, inside a large football stadium would probably be one of the safest places to have same sex toilets.

There are hundreds of stewards on duty monitoring the situation.

If these toilets do come into force, maybe there will be CCTV cameras just outside the toilet entrance to act as a deterrent.

As for the transvestites at a football match, it could happen, but I doubt it.

Wow that is wading into a real minefield! Huge fight inthe UK over this issue right now, Trans activists accuses anyone who disagrees with them of being evil TERFS while the oher side accuses them of erasing womens rights. The issue comes down the burning question whether a lesbian can have a penis or not. Men tend to lean to yes while women say no.  It's bathroom wars UK style. Currently the trans people are winning the fight but liable to lose the war as the community has been overtaken by bullys and trolls. 

The same fight has been going on in the U.S. for quite some time now, notably in North Carolina.

I am aware that I have been peeing beside transvestites in women's toilets all of my life with no adverse effects. I have no problem continuing to do so. It is the rednecks and the Christian right who seem to have the biggest problem with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also have no problem with gender neutral toilets if the men will raise the toilet seats or sit down to pee.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The same fight has been going on in the U.S. for quite some time now, notably in North Carolina.

I am aware that I have been peeing beside transvestites in women's toilets all of my life with no adverse effects. I have no problem continuing to do so. It is the rednecks and the Christian right who seem to have the biggest problem with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also have no problem with gender neutral toilets if the men will raise the toilet seats or sit down to pee.

I have no problem with gender neutral toilets if the women will sit down to pee too ( which I believe most women won‘t do in Public toilets. That is why women‘s toilets are often dirtier than men‘s because women cant aim as good as men or so I am told 🧐)

Public toilet seats are much cleaner than shopping cart handles, BTW.

There are such things a paper seat covers anyway. 

I have not had any problems with female dive-bombers (the ones who insist on standing up to pee all over everything) in Germany...unless there are American women in the house. I don't know what it is but they're just pigs in public restrooms.  (eta, not every last one of us do this, but the majority seem to)

German women, not so much.  In fact not at all.

though at my first job someone would occasionally send around an email telling the men to sit or clean up after themselves.  

45 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Wow that is wading into a real minefield! Huge fight inthe UK over this issue right now, Trans activists accuses anyone who disagrees with them of being evil TERFS while the oher side accuses them of erasing womens rights. The issue comes down the burning question whether a lesbian can have a penis or not. Men tend to lean to yes while women say no.  It's bathroom wars UK style. Currently the trans people are winning the fight but liable to lose the war as the community has been overtaken by bullys and trolls. 

and have you noticed how many trans warriors are ready to scream hate crime when they are questioned?  They also seem to attack any one that doesn't agree with them and some also have very dubious pasts.

Lets see, Aimee Challenor, Green activist who's father has recently being locked up for 22 years after horrendous torture and assault on girl. Says he resigned from the Greens because of failing respect for LGBT rights. Also says he knew nothing of his fathers actions despite living in the same house. Got nothing to do with his father's actions, his unelectabililty and his weirdness.

Jess Bradley, Trans NUS leader who has been suspended for putting photos of his erect bits on the internet and screams blue murder when he is questioned. Also believes in trans gender prisoners being released from prison inspite of their crimes.

Now there's the case of Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull who put up a poster with the definition of a women on it. She has been accused of Hate speech and some Trans has posted on the internet details of her childrens school and other info. Now that's what you call a hate crime and using her family to get at her shows just what sort of low life's some are.

Or how about Dr Adrian Harrop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G4IhPncF3w

What a nasty TWAT!

These people need to be investigaed fully, not for being trans but for the way they are acting. They are being funded by someone but won't say who and the agenda really does seem to be to undermine society. The minority cannot be allowed to control the majority in modern society.

The usual discussion about this obviously often makes a lot of us actually doing the things discussed laugh because of how unrealistic it all is.

I'm going to the evening's bigger game here, later, at a recent league 1 ground, and I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but...toilets?   Whole rooms of them?  Big enough to hide in and spy on people and possibly attack them?  And some "privacy"? 

We wish.   Still running almost all basic toi toi here :lol:.  In the main concourses and next to the foodstalls etc.  I think you do get both choices - some are gender specific, others not.   Other people could have a big scrap about who exactly gets to use one of these lovely blue huts with their alluring pans of people's waste products...but I certainly won't be joining it :wacko:.  I'll stick to some serious prophylactic wee-ing and strategic limiting of pre-match fluid intake, and living 10 mins away.    Although my life was transformed practically when they did install a portcabin but obviously no chance at the times you'd want to use it like halftime.

Same at many sports events.   Last world champs I went to was toi-toi (biathlon) although they had a superior version.   My tennis tournament (Stuttgart) has almost no facilities, just a portakabin, as well.  

In the Style of J²...   Heres a Toob!  watch till the very end!

Caution... contains the words cock and fuck!  :P

30 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

In the Style of J²...   Heres a Toob!  watch till the very end!

Caution... contains the words cock and fuck!  :P

OMG 10,000 greenies to you!

Big debate at the moment is unisex toilets. Activists are pushing to make all facilities unisex.  Several schools have done this already, I read that and thought, man oh man that's every teen boys fantasy access to the girls changing rooms! Girl guides recently changed the rules to allow (self declared) men to share sleeping and toliet faclities with young girls. What could possibly go wrong with men sleep in the same room as young girls. Of course any leader who makes parents aware of this is booted out as a TERF!

I've been footballing. Not good :angry:.    But the process some would actually want is the entry because the security is by gender.  So we ladies get to stroll to the front and then get frisked by young women.   Pervs wanting to push their luck might logically look there first.   (Toi toi update: currently entirely gender neutral.  Anyone know the plural of toi toi :blink:?).

Plural of toi toi might be two two, swimmer!!:D:D No idea! Just done  a Pipiwalk with the dogs and they didn´t follow any human rules! Mind you, Roza ( a lady dog ) sits and the gents - Snoopy and Max - erm, stand and raise a leg or two!!!

Our dog does both, he sometimes squats and sometimes lifts a leg. Does that make him gender neutral? Does that mean I have to take him to counselling? Shit, how do you talk to a dog about his trans rights when he doesn't understand English or German? Can you help @john g.?