Looking for Gutachter in the Riedstadt area

7 posts in this topic

Morning,

Our house (Built circa 1937) has always had a small crack in the walls where there has been an extension built (circa 1990).  With the recent long dry spell I am sure the crack has widened slightly, although unfortunately I didn't make any measurements at the start of the year to compare things.

Can anyone recommend a Gutachter in the Darmstadt/Riedstadt area that could do a full structural survey of our house?  As I have been considering extending the house at the back of the garden as well I would like a full survey done and not just the connection to the old extension. 

I could google for one, but with this kind of thing I like to ask around, in case there are particular recommendations or particular people that should be avoided.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I am also looking for a Gutachter in the Bensheim area. I haven't managed to find any recommendation so far (in english or in german).

Have you finally managed to find one ?

Thanks

On 10/26/2018, 9:30:36, Bensheimer said:

Hello,

I am also looking for a Gutachter in the Bensheim area. I haven't managed to find any recommendation so far (in english or in german).

Thanks

Hi,

Possibly - a wife of one of my colleagues works in an Architects office in Darmstadt and she was going to approach one that she knows.

I'll let you know how it goes, if they seem good I'll mail you the details.

Cheers

On 10/26/2018, 9:30:36, Bensheimer said:

Hello,

Thanks

It's worth asking your local Gemeinde.  When we needed a Gutachter, our Gemeinde recommended a local architect who often worked for them.  All went well.

On 30/10/2018 à, GlennC said:

Hi,

Possibly - a wife of one of my colleagues works in an Architects office in Darmstadt and she was going to approach one that she knows.

I'll let you know how it goes, if they seem good I'll mail you the details.

Cheers

I am also looking for a good architect, so if you think the wife of your colleague can be recommended, I'd gladly have also her contact.

Thanks a lot

On 30/10/2018 à, emkay said:

It's worth asking your local Gemeinde.  When we needed a Gutachter, our Gemeinde recommended a local architect who often worked for them.  All went well.

I quickly searched but I am not sure what is a local Gemeinde ?

It seems to mean "Community" ?

Could you explain ?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Bensheimer said:

I quickly searched but I am not sure what is a local Gemeinde ?

It seems to mean "Community" ?

Could you explain ?

Thanks

A quick description...a Gemeinde is your local council that deals with town administration.  You pay them annually for services including refuse collection, water supply etc. Have a look at these links.  The last is likely most relevant relating to building advice.

https://www.heppenheim.de/

https://www.bensheim.de/

https://www.bensheim.de/leben-in-bensheim/bauen-stadtplanung-immobilien/bauberatung.html